SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NAACP calls for boycott if Kaepernick remains unsigned
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NAACP calls for boycott if Kaepernick remains unsigned Login/Join 
Fuimus
posted
Looks like GA won't have NFL football this year. Wink

Gerald Griggs, the vice president of the NAACP's Atlanta chapter, said this week that his chapter will boycott all things related to the NFL as long as Kaepernick remains unsigned.

"There will be no football in the state of Georgia if Colin Kaepernick is not on a training camp roster and given an opportunity to pursue his career," Griggs told Fox 5 in Atlanta. "This is not a simple request. This is a statement. This is a demand."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sport...r-AAql7bF?li=BBnb7Kz

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Griggs,

Suck a bag of dicks.

Respectfully,

Everybody with common sense.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call me crazy, but I think that the vast majority of people who watch NFL games do not give a rats ass what gerald griggs or the naacp thinks or wants. I know I don't.

Posts: 5732 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nevermind the fact that the guy just isn't a very good quarterback....nah that wouldn't be why he's not on a roster right now. All 32 teams got together and agreed to blackball him because of his politics...yeah that MUST be it.

Give me a break....these people are insane.

Posts: 683 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
oh no! the horror of an NAACP boycott!

The league must be terrified. I don't watch much NFL anymore, and that has much to do with drama bullshit like this.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
http://www.fox5ny.com/news/274917524-story

NEW YORK (AP) - A former New York City police officer, whose claims of police corruption in the 1970s were chronicled in an Al Pacino movie, joined dozens of current and former officers Saturday at a rally in support of getting quarterback Colin Kaepernick a job in the National Football League.

The former San Francisco 49ers player became a controversial figure last year after he refused to stand for the national anthem in what he called a protest against oppression of people of color.

He opted out of his contract in March and became a free agent, but so far, no NFL teams have signed him for the upcoming season.

The gathering in Brooklyn featured about 75 mostly minority officers wearing black T-shirts reading "#imwithkap."

One exception was retired officer Frank Serpico, whose exploits were featured in the 1973 film, "Serpico."

He admitted not being a football fan, but said he felt it was important to support Kaepernick for his stance.

"He's trying to hold up this government up to our founding fathers," said the now 81-year-old Serpico.

Sgt. Edwin Raymond, who said he was heading to work after the rally, spoke of the need for racial healing in the country.

"Until racism in America is no longer taboo, we own up to it, we admit it, we understand it and then we do what we have to do to solve it, unfortunately we're going to have these issues," he said.

Yeah, you'd better re-read the Constitution, Frank, and while you're at it, try finding the real reasons that this spoiled brat started his protest.

Frank? Where ya at there, Frank? Can't seem to find you.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
The great thing about the NFL, it's one workplace where the best person gets the job. Heck there have been players who killed people while drinking and driving and were still able to play. If he had any talent teams would tolerate his anti police/America stance. No one would want to risk bringing his negative attention to their team for a second or third string QB.

Mr. NAACP guy, most football fans are the idiots in the middle of the country that voted for Trump and distance themselves from people such as your organization and the frantic left. We believe in God, our country, and our flag. We are deplorable patriots. I don't think you will sway very many fans.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From 1 knee to 2 begging for a job. Capitalism in the real world? Maybe those 75 officers should hire the little shit to play on their team?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Don't the Falcons need a waterboy?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The arrogance. "There will be no football." Yeah, you're gonna use your Grievance super powers on it. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
This boycott could cost the NFL hundreds of dollars.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Tell you what Mr. Griggs, first you get all the black players in the NFL to go along with your boycott. Report back to me on that.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
In addition to making himself a lightning rod for a highly-charged political issue, isn't Kaepernick a relatively mediocre player?

I'm guessing NFL teams have more to lose by signing Kaepernick than they do by not. But I could be speaking out of school, here. I don't watch any sports. At all. This kind of BS is one reason why.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I've said before, he is not talented enough to be a starter and no one wants a backup QB who would be a distraction.

His GF did him in from any sympathy from the owner's when she made that tweet implying the owner of the Ravens was a slave owner.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
He opted out of his contract in March and became a free agent, but so far, no NFL teams have signed him for the upcoming season.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
The arrogance of some people continues to amaze me when it shouldn't.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I've been a 49er fan for over 30 years. I attended a few games and watched every game (even preseason games). But last year that stopped after Kaepernick's actions. Now that he's gone, I'm looking forward to the start of the season.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
As I've said before, he is not talented enough to be a starter and no one wants a backup QB who would be a distraction.

This isn't saying much but he's probably better than any of the current 49er QBs on the roster Razz

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
The average NFL career is 2 years in the league. He has had his time and now his career is over. He is a has been. Even if he was signed as a back up these fools would want him installed at the starting qb. Kap has had his 15 minutes of fame. If he provided a chance to win somebody would have signed him. I don't know that the racial breakdown is in the NFL but I'm betting that african americans make up more that 50% of the league. Considering they are only 15% of the population they are plenty well represented.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I think the NFL is staying away from Kapernick because of his "not standing" stunts. He has the talent to play. (MO)

And I agree w the NFL if that is what they are doing.

If you are an NFL player, and you publicly disrespect the national anthem and the flag, then you shouldn't represent the NFL.

Let's be realistic though. The NFL is a business. A big business. The NFL will think about how much business they lose if they let him play, versus how much business they will lose if no team hires him.

Thankfully there is still enough patriotism in the U.S. to make teams afraid of the backlash if they picked him up. But some team may take the chance given our divided country, and how so many today want to declare the U.S. to be a country that oppresses people.

Amazing isn't it. So many rip the U.S. but almost no one leaves, and hordes want to get in.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post