SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apparently I Suck At Customer Service
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apparently I Suck At Customer Service Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
The best part of this thread is I now know about both Shockwatch and Tiltwatch stick on devices. Very cool. Not sure I'll ever use them of course....

Neither would likely have helped the OP since they'd have never been acknowledged from halfway around the world, no matter what they indicated.
We used to use these all the time, and you're correct... most shippers ignore them. We'd just end up having to send a tech out to inspect the equipment at the arrival point, but at least we could usually bill the client for it.
Assuming the shipper used the correct INCO terms such as EXW or FCA in purchase order then both of your points are moot. If the shipping terms were as stated above, the tattle tales are there for the recipient to make a claim against the shipping company and doesn't matter if shipper ignores during transit. They have serial #'s so you can verify it's yours, a sticker with serial number is on bill of lading, and if the recipient won't acknowledge then shipper should document, deny claim, and tell them to taking it up with shipping company.

They make fancier real-time versions, but didn't post as they aren't appropriate for someone who does this rarely (i.e. the OP). Their customers are people who do this globally on a daily basis.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Tell him to ship it back and you'll inspect it and get back to him.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post