SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2003 Hyundai Elantra electrical connector ID assistance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2003 Hyundai Elantra electrical connector ID assistance Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
I need some help IDing a connector on a friends Elantra. My google foo and knowledge bank has failed me. I topped off the refrigerant in a friend's car about 6 weeks ago, all was fine. She called me this afternoon and said her a/c had been recently turning warm after about 10 to 15 minutes.. I was close, so I came over. The car had been sitting about 30 to 45 minutes, so I cranked it up and the a/c ran fine, clutch properly operating. Sure enough, 10 minutes later the compressor stopped and the air was warm. I pulled the clutch connector to check with a meter when I discovered another connector running along the top of the compressor unplugged. I flipped it over and it was melted. Operationally, the car runs fine. I can't find this connector using google, I'm hoping someone in this vast data base called Sig Forum has an idea, as I mainly work on Fords. It is two pin. The compressor is passenger side low. Here is a picture showing the compressor and clutch connector and the mystery connector. The second photo is the cable and the other half of the mystery connector.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
It's hard to tell but it looks like the connector for the High Pressure cut off switch. The switch is usually built into the compressor kind of. the power to the clutch runs thru this switch so that if the compressor pressures get too high it will de-energize the compressor clutch to save the compressor from self-destruction.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
If you can provide the year, make, model, sub-model (Dx, Ex, SV, ETc.), engine size and wire colors, I can try to get a schematic from work to I.D. it for you.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
It's a 2L, It could be a GLS. The wire colors, I can't get till tomorrow. Thanks! I knew we had the power!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I got my friend to go out and look, one wire is white and one is tan.

Beth Greene