SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Observatory is Built...Big Picture Warning
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Observatory is Built...Big Picture Warning Login/Join 
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Dude, try to capture a picture of Saturn.

Yeah everyone says that but it is striking...

Posts: 5138 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
So cool!

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Saturn's not really a challenge. It's those dim far-away "deep space objects" that require long exposures, multiple exposures, stacking, and other tricks to get them to come out.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is nice.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Finds objects hurling through space millions of miles away....cannot resize a picture. Wink

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Coolness re-defined. A private observatory!

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Check out Mars, this guy might be looking back at you.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
That is pretty freakin' epic. LOL Looking forward to the pictures.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I found a program that resizes pictures - it reduced the file size by whatever I wanted, but left the dimensions the same...

not quite what I had in mind

trying another Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
nhtagmember,

Might give Faststone Image Viewer (free) a try for resizing and even rotating by degrees.

I then use Greenshot (also free) to capture the frame I want and upload it to imgur for posting online.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
cool - thanks for the advice...

I've been bleeding money like a drunk sailor so free is nice this week Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Lol bleeding money I bet! Space was always a childhood dream of mine, so I absolutely love reading posts like this.

I have been using postimage.io lately. I have a imageshack account that I pay for but someone here mentioned postimage and it is all I have been using the past month or so. You can set the image size (I do 640x420 for boards) and it resizes nicely during upload. Another benefit is you can choose an "expiration" date, or none at all. And it's free. Super easy to use no account required.

Keep us updated!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post