SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Monster Burgers w/ Protection (grilled pics added)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monster Burgers w/ Protection (grilled pics added) Login/Join 
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted
When I make burgers, especially for a holiday weekend, I don't mess around! Extra large sesame seed buns are standing by to accept the seasoned, cheddar stuffed monster burgers (except for the two smaller ones). The smallest one is for our Yorkie. Can't forget him! Of course the chef gets a nice cold drink for all the hard work and grilling duty. Paulaner Oktoberfest. Old school, made in the USA protection, present and accounted for!

Coming off the grill....

On the plate with Cape Cod Kettle Cooked Chips....

White onion, ketchup, and mustard is all I put on mine. By sheer luck I managed to cut almost exactly between the cheese pockets....

After the first bite...found the cheese pocket and mmm...mmm...good! Cooked to perfection if I do say so myself. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dtech,

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Who gets the runt burger?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

quote:
The smallest one is for our Yorkie. Can't forget him!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Sweet Ruger.

Lucky dog.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Their dog.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
As he said in the OP, his pet Yorkie...and good on him, it's always important to include the four-legged "people" who give us so much.

We're grilling some nice meaty beef ribs today. We'll keep all the bones, and they'll be dispensed to the fur kids to gnaw on for the next few weeks till they're all gone.

Y'all have a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend. Big Grin

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Can you tell us more details?

What % fat do you have in the burgers?

Seasonings?

Cooking method?

Myself I like 80/20 with the Weber Gourmet Burger seasoning. If I feel like mixing my own, I go with: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and parmesan cheese.

I like my burgers medium rare so I sear them on the hot part of the grill then move them to the not so hot part of the grill.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The burgers look pretty good, but you'd need the protection for that Paulaner!

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Cooked pic?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38647 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
These are 88/12 ground beef, but the cheese in the middle helps keep them juicy. I keep the seasoning pretty simple with sea salt (coarse ground), garlic powder, and black pepper. Massage it into the meat gently. Grab a good handfull of meat and two good chunks of sharp cheddar that are about a quarter inch thick by about an inch long and placed end to end in the center and fold the meat over them. Work the patty making sure to keep the cheese completely covered. Place them on foil and in the fridge until ready to grill or grill immediately. We like ours medium.

They are going on the Weber Spirit grill shortly so I'll try and take some pictures and post them later.

Smile

-Dtech

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sweet corn , sweet corn , looking for the sweet corn

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

quote:
The smallest one is for our Yorkie. Can't forget him!

I bet he doesn't complain about how it is cooked.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Damn those ARE monster burgers!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Needs bacon. Looks mighty fine otherwise.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Updated with grilled and consumption in progress pics. Cool

I learned long ago one of the tricks to getting a perfectly cooked, juicy, even burger is to flip it only once. Fat content of the meat is a personal preference and I like pretty much any typical percentage of ground beef, but you definitely get your money's worth in protein from Costco 88/12 ground beef. The buns are also from Costco. As long as you don't overcook the 88/12, even without the cheese, it still comes out juice and flavorful. I would agree with the suggestion on bacon, but sometimes you just want the full flavor of the beef to come through.

-Dtech

Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Looks good to me exactly how you've done it. Yorkie enjoyed his too? (Silly question. Big Grin )

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
The burgers were a hit with everyone, including our Yorkie! He was definitely doing his happy dance! Big Grin

My older daughter's boyfriend and I were the only ones that could finish the burgers. The others put the rest of theirs away for later consumption.

Time for another Paulaner Oktoberfest. Cool

-Dtech

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Good lookin' stuffed burgers
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
Coming off the grill....

There were 7 monster sized burgers and 1 normal sized burger earlier, what happened to the other 3?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

The other 3 were still on the grill when I took the picture.

NO! I didn't eat them while I was cooking them. Wink

-Dtech

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Nice! Only thing I'd change is swap the white onion for a Vidalia.

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post