SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's 3am. You awake to the sounds of your dogs barking...Final update
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's 3am. You awake to the sounds of your dogs barking...Final update Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I love the monkey. Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Responding to Part 2...

See my "wear a fake suicide vest" strategy would still work. No one wants to shoot someone in the same room wearing a suicide vest. Everyone gets out alive. Soiled britches perhaps.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Part 2...unblock, unlock the door, call out that I'm the homeowner and in the bedroom, asking if it is secure enough for us to come out..if so, secure the pistol and slowly come out and follow their directions.

Then move to the Outer Banks at earliest convenience. Smile

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Wake wife up who immediately lays down suppressive fire with full auto SAW. I grab the flash bangs and M4 and we begin clearing rooms. Toss in flash-bang and then enter, spraying room with a wall of lead until we clear the entire house.

Are you prepared to take multiple rounds from a .338 Lapua?

Of course we are! What kind of question is that? We sleep in 2 layers of Level IV full body armor, doesn't everyone?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Chongo. You paint such a vivid picture with your words, i hope someday you record your experiences and publish them for us to read.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm a tad nervous just reading this unfold.... Eek

Second the writing ability, I rarely appreciate the method people employ to relay information. In this case, we have a winner.

Now Chongo, get on with the %&#@ story, already!!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Grab my pump shotty and an empty Vaseline jar.

One of my favorite ASG moments! Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8851 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
For those who don't get the references and jokes, I give you "The Chack Chack speech"

Did somebody say Chack-Chack Speech?

By Airsoft guy, The Joy Maker

THUMP

That’s what awakened me, the unmistakable sound of my front door closing, a door never used because there was no key for it but sure enough someone had just closed it, meaning, of course, that someone had to have opened it.

With adrenalin pumping into my bloodstream ripping the sleep from my eyes like a speed flavored cappuccino I stealthily peeled myself from bed and grabbed the shotgun from the closet, checking the chamber, just as it should I saw the light blue plastic shell, in it an ounce of solid lead, it’s whole reason for existence was to make someone’s day very rough.

It was a Mossberg 590, it’s the kind of gun a man wants when a man needs a gun for business. No frills, no gadgets, point this end at whatever you want to die and then squeeze that part down there. If you need another shot move this slide right there back and then forward again, squeeze the bang button once more. Repeat as necessary. I had loaded it with slugs in case of bears, not that I had any trouble with bears, it’s just that you never know when the circus will be rolling through town.

I carefully opened my bedroom door and peeked out, nobody in sight, but I heard someone messing around somewhere behind the fireplace likely by my computer, my house being essentially one large room with another large room attached to it, separated only by a large rock fireplace. My bedroom and the bathroom being the only two room separate from the rest.

I came around the side that would prevent his exit from either the front or back doors, meaning his only option was to leap through a plate glass window into some blackberry bushes.

He was a man of medium height but painfully skinny apparent even through the baggy pants and thick hoodie, with a goatee on a scarred face like someone who had a lot of acne as a teenager or did a lot of drugs.

I said to him, "How do you feel about being sent to your maker with the last image burned into your brain being my wiener flopping around from the recoil?"

He whirled around, a look of stunned amazement and fear on his face, likely from a combination of seeing a naked man holding a shotgun on him and the fact that a man as large as myself would be able to slink in and out of the shadows so efficiently. He is of course now aware that I am the Night.

He stood there stuttering and stammering trying to find some way to maybe, just maybe, talk his way out of this terrible situation he broke himself into, but I continue and say, "Now you got a choice, you can make a move, or," as I tossed him a jar of Vaseline sitting on my dining room table for some unexplained reason, "you can lay down, set a spell, take your pants off."

He turned the jar over in his hands, opened it and said, "This is empty."

"I know," I said and then began to laugh maniacally

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
What I'm taking from this are two things...take your time to learn/listen before moving and take the time to wake up. Don't rush if you don't need to.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Concerning part 2. Are any of the officers Somali born?
That might change a few things. Eek

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I need to make sure I have a phone available, that is not always the case as I leave my work phone and personal phone out in my office charging and I don't want them calling me early after I work until midnight.
I know my wife sometimes has hers but not always.
Beyond that the dogs are early alert dogs, too small to hurt someone much, although they are willing to try. They are good at the early alert thing though.
So I'd stay in the bedroom armed and see what happens, get the wife in the walk-in closet behind me, armed and calling 911.
I've asked her to stay calm and not get excited and shoot me in the back trying to shoot over me at someone coming through the bedroom door.
The benelli should be able to stop them cold as they come through the door to the bedroom.
Where I've been living this could happen, although the house is pretty damn secure with bars on the windows and the back door opens out and has a steel bar that drops down to secure it on the inside.
Front door is the weak link though.
We're moving out of town to a much safer place soon, we bought a house but it's a bit of a fixer so we're working on it now.
I know it can happen most anywhere though so I won't relax much.
Looking forward to part three!

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Bump. I'm working till 3 a.m., Ill fill in the gaps tomorrow after I get up and have some caffeine.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
tomorrow? damn it chongo...you've got a good story here, well written and thought provoking...and we have to wait till tomorrow?!? Big Grin

stay safe brother!!

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Both your phones are on the chargers in the kitchen.

I have electricity in my bedroom.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I live alone and I sleep with my bedroom door locked.

Pick up my P220ST with light, and my phone and dial 911 and tell them what I know/hear, and where I am in the house.
as I get to the safe in my closet to get my 870.

Then I'm gonna wait...

Why is your 870 locked in the safe?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Why is your 870 locked in the safe?

Locked during the day or when I am gone. Safe unlocked at night, but closed.

Several weapons and mags loaded and ready to go , along with go bags.

But locked up to slow down theft.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So... it's tomorrow. When do we find out who done it?

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Who the heck does chongo think he is? George R.R. Martin? Finish the story!

Razz

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
quote:
Both your phones are on the chargers in the kitchen.

I have electricity in my bedroom.

Fancy pants city boys....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Walk out your bedroom door...

"Hey, can you motherfuckers please keep it down???"

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post