SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A speech Nick Freitas gave today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A speech Nick Freitas gave today Login/Join 
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted
Very passionate and inspiring! Proud to have him as my delegate in the VA house. He will become better known as time goes on.

https://www.facebook.com/Leade...s/10156182155010935/

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is amazing. I hope he runs for a national office one day.

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I told him that a bug should be put in Trump's ear, Trump-Freitas 2020. He got a big smile.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
He did run for national office....he lost in the republican primary to try and unseat senatah Timaaaaay Kaine this fall. To an asshat known as Corey Stewart. Who has zero chance to beat Kaine.

I was proud to vote for Freitas in the primary and was sorry he lost

The Republican Party in Virginia is about as fucked up an organization as exists in politics

quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
He is amazing. I hope he runs for a national office one day.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevbo,

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Very good speech! Nick Freitas is a rising star in the GOP. Yes he lost a bid to try to unseat Kaine but I don’t think his political career is anywhere near being over, I think it’s just starting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So, what happened? Why did he lose to Stewart? What's wrong with VA Republicans?

Q

Posts: 26353 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Name recognition? Many of my friends in VA who are Republicans didn’t know about him but became fans after I showed them his recent speech that went viral.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Name recognition? Many of my friends in VA who are Republicans didn’t know about him but became fans after I showed them his recent speech that went viral.

Yeah, but Stewart is an asshat, according to Kevbo. Obviously, I don't have a clue about VA politics. Hence, my question. When Freitas was running against Stewart in the primary, he must have made appearances and given excellent speeches. So, VA Republican voters must have seen him, no?
Also, he's a Member of the Virginia House of Delegates from the 30th district, so it's not like he a political newcomer. So, what the hell is wrong with VA Republican voters?

Q

Posts: 26353 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

Yeah, but Stewart is an asshat, according to Kevbo. Obviously, I don't have a clue about VA politics. Hence, my question. When Freitas was running against Stewart in the primary, he must have made appearances and given excellent speeches. So, VA Republican voters must have seen him, no?
Also, he's a Member of the Virginia House of Delegates from the 30th district, so it's not like he a political newcomer. So, what the hell is wrong with VA Republican voters?

Stewart is from NoVA so that's where majority of voters are for one, second purely name recognition.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
What is wrong with VA Republican voters? Well, the main problem is that there just are not enough of them in the state currently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
The Virginia Republican Party has a long history of sabotaging their own candidates, running recycled has beens, and choosing candidates with what can best be described as toxic personalities

Corey Stewart is from my county, and cut his teeth as the county supervisor here. I’ve met him. He is a blowhard at best. If you can picture a negative stereotype about Trump populism, they are probably true for Stewart. Put bluntly, he doesn’t know when to shut up. as an example, he has come out against removal of confederate statues....which is fine...but that’s not enough...his favorite comparison is that people that want to remove the statues are like ISIS. Yes, ISIS.

He protested outside the state capital after the recent Medicare vote in the state and said that the republicans that voted for it were flaccid, and when asked by a newspaper what he meant he said he felt sorry for their wives. Again, I get the policy opinion. Telling a newspaper that members of your own party can’t satisfy their wives isn’t helping anyone.

It’s not that his policies are a problem. It’s that he’s an asshole

The chair of the VA Republican Party just resigned, in large part because of the failure of Freitas to beat Stewart.

Stewart will lose to Kaine by a huge margin. In a state that is more and more blue by the year, the Republican candidate for senate does as much to alienate his own party as he does to alienate democrats. I’d be stunned if kaine didn’t win 65-35, which is a landslide.

——————————————————

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Kevbo nailed it.

I wish Freitas won, we could have nominated a bucket of rocks and had a better chance at the seat. Nothing like nominating an asshole that pisses off the other both side(s).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Nick lost by about 4000 votes. He was winning by several thousand votes until Fairfax Co., leftist Northern VA, returns came in. Since VA has open primaries, any registered voter can vote. I think some dems could have voted for Corey knowing he is a weak candidate and would be the easiest for Kaine to defeat.

Corey lost to Nick in his own county. That should tell you something.

Nick admitted that name recognition is why he lost. But, he also said that for basically only being known locally, he a great showing in the polls.

I went to several debates when Nick was campaigning for the senate primary. At the Liberty Univ. debate, the moderators specifically told the participants that their answers to the questions asked and opening/ closing remarks were not to have any personal attacks. Corey's first attack was by making a comment about Nick's last name, comparing it to mexican food. Corey continued by saying Kaine would destroy Nick and Nick would be crying on the floor. Corey was rightfully booed by the audience. Nick had a great retort emphasizing that his experience as a Green Beret combat vet basically made politics easy.

Corey is an asshole, as has been stated before. He is a total embarrassment to conservatives.

I will be voting in Nov. It will not be for Corey, it will be against Kaine. I'm holding my nose. If by some miracle Corey wins, I hope he doesn't do so much damage so we can get a better person to oust him in the next primary.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
After talking with both Stewart and Nick Freitas at a gunshow, I can confirm all that was said about Stewart. Smugdouche is a word that I would use. Talked down to me with platitudes that he thought I wanted to hear instead of shooting straight with me.

Nick on the other hand is a salt of the Earth kind of guy. Humble, honest, and clearly believes what he's saying which is more than the lip service provided by some within the Republican party in Virginia.

Name recognition alone is what drove the masses to vote for Corey Stewart. That and him tossing around Donald Trump's name like they were best buds.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you went to the polls, you had to state whether you wanted to vote in the Democrat or Republican primary. I wonder how many dems were sent in to vote for Stewart, knowing that, unlike Freitas, Stewart wouldn't have a prayer against Kaine.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted for Freitas. I got post cards from the NRA endorsing Freitas. I like him more then Steward. But I like just about anybody better then Kaine. People always talk about politicians lying to them. Kaine has personally looked me in the eye, shook my hand, smiled at me and told me a lie. I met him when he was running for Governor and asked him about gun laws. He said we didn't need any more gun laws. The NRA had already endorsed the other guy, but I was just curious what Kaine would say. I always think of Kaine as "rest stop Timmy". He closed all of the rest areas on the Interstates while he was the Governor. So I am not thrilled with Steward, but I will vote for him.

Posts: 619 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The woman in front of me did this. She had her woman's March t-shirt and Hillary button and asked for the Republican primary

quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
When you went to the polls, you had to state whether you wanted to vote in the Democrat or Republican primary. I wonder how many dems were sent in to vote for Stewart, knowing that, unlike Freitas, Stewart wouldn't have a prayer against Kaine.

——————————————————