SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nissan Titan Starter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nissan Titan Starter Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
I need to buy a starter for a 2004 Nissan Titan. Neighbor suggested Nugen Motorparts, but they are out of stock on this item for 60-90 days.

Other than NAPA, does anyone have a good vendor for something like this? Nugen was $91.00, free shipping, JC Witney is $154, NAPA is $245, etc.

Thanks for the suggestions.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
www.rockauto.com

Been using them for years. Recommended.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I was having starter problems with my 2006 Armada and when I couldn't find the sarter to test it I figured I was in over my head. I'm sure you already know it's under the intake manifold. I looked at the motor for a half an hour before I googled it.

Posts: 10822 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It's in the "V" under the lower intake plenum isn't it? Not fun.

They guy who thought that up should be flogged.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
My local shop is going to do the work. I am just trying to source the parts.

If it were simply a matter of removing the plenum and replacing the starter I would do it. Unfortunately, you need to disconnect the fuel system and drain, then disconnect the cooling system to do it.

Screw that.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rock auto shows a new Bosch for $175. I'd try to stay away from remanufactured units if possible. Nissan part looks to be $262.

Who makes Nissan's electrical parts? For example, I know Denso supplies a lot of Honda stuff. I don't use a Honda part number but I find the equivalent Denso part number and it's usually a few bucks cheaper.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/TYC-1-1...tarter/dp/B0041TN26U

Best way is to sign up on advance auto's web page, then buy it on their page, they give you a discount for ordering online for in store pickup, I've stood in the store and bought stuff cheaper than buying it in the store on my phone.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/home

Posts: 23241 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
My experience with Amazon Denso part was that the part was counterfeit.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
My local shop is going to do the work. I am just trying to source the parts.

If it were simply a matter of removing the plenum and replacing the starter I would do it. Unfortunately, you need to disconnect the fuel system and drain, then disconnect the cooling system to do it.

Screw that.

Fucking Nissan!

I have done them on an Altima and Maxima. Neither time was easy. 2nd time was in 20 degree weather outside for a co-worker. Single mother who didn't make much and it was her only car. Labor was free but she had to stand outside with me while I swapped the starters out. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
www.rockauto.com

Been using them for years. Recommended.

Yep, I have 32 magnets.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I took mine off 3 times this fall/winter. Roll Eyes

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too would NOT go with a remanufactured one. Bosch makes good electrical parts, I'd order that one.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
My wife's Xterra needed a starter (2005) and we put in a CARQUEST from Advanced Auto Parts.
Lifetime warranty ~ works great.
Looking up the Titan (BTW,I have a 2004 Titan too!) it looks like it is just under $200.
I didn't see a new one but I wouldn't have a problem with a remanf unit. Lifetime Warranty.
The Bosch and the Denso -both reman's were almost $400 Eek

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
It's in the "V" under the lower intake plenum isn't it? Not fun.

They guy who thought that up should be flogged.

Toyota Tundras aren't fun either. And hope you don't need a steering rack on a second-generation Tundra.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post