SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Ford Bronco
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ford Bronco Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Here is what they promised in the past:

Here is what is coming:

Guessing I'd rather have the square one instead of another bubble truck wagon thingy.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
This is the body style I saw couple of years ago. I saved the pictures of 3 different colors. I like this style. The one that is coming, I don’t like.

quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Here is what they promised in the past:

Guessing I'd rather have the square one instead of another bubble truck wagon thingy.

Posts: 1885 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ador:
This is the body style I saw couple of years ago. I saved the pictures of 3 different colors. I like this style. The one that is coming, I don’t like.

Top pic = Yes
Bottom pic = No

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20817 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
It’s based on the ranger right? It has a manual option. I’d be surprised if they didn’t offer a manual. It’s competitor offers a manual option. They would be fools not to but it is Ford so who knows what they will do.

They'll put in one of their go-cart engines and a 10spd trans and ruin the whole thing.

Man, I hope not.

I drive a Lincoln Navigator L (a tarted up long-wheelbase Expedition). It has a turbocharged 3.5 liter V-6 that makes 450hp and 500ft-lbs of torque.

I used to drive a GMC Yukon Denali XL (a tarted up Suburban). It had a 6.2 liter V-8 that made 403hp and 417 ft-lbs of torque.

Despite the Ford turbo V-6 being just over half the displacement of the GMC V-8, it puts out noticeably more horsepower and torque while getting substantially better gas mileage. I guess maybe it doesn't sound as good? I'm happy with the V-6.

I have the 16 Expedition which is detuned compared to yours. I have had numerous V8 vehicles both GM and Ford. I’ll take 3.5L Ecoboost over all of them any day of the week. The only downfall I have found is there is no way to give it a good sounding exhaust note so factory it will stay.

But back to the original topic Ford is going to blow this.
Especially if they make it like the Everest. The Everest is a pretty slick vehicle but not under the Bronco name plate.
It seems to be boxy from the draped photo but we’ll see.
Either way I am not expecting much.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
If they can't make a honest effort to commemorate the 'real' Bronco (and they won't), they might as well focus on other opportunities.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This is pretty cool. Ford is going to be offering an “Outer Banks” version of the new Bronco.

Thanks Ford very cool!

Link to article on OBX Bronco

I can’t help but wonder if the trim package will include mismatched body panels and rust EVERYWHERE. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is pretty cool. Ford is going to be offering an “Outer Banks” version of the new Bronco.

Thanks Ford very cool!

Link to article on OBX Bronco

I can’t help but wonder if the trim package will include mismatched body panels and rust EVERYWHERE. Big Grin

Ford took out a trademark doesn’t mean they’ll use it.
I am still skeptical we’ll ever see a Bronco. They have been touting this thing FOREVER and we have about zero info or pictures direct from Ford.
If it does ever come to be I can only guess it will be a major disappointment compared to the original much like the new Supra.

————————————————

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
As far as east coast off road driving goes there are few places as iconic and amazing as the outer banks. I think them taking out a trademark for OBX is a VERY positive sign for the new Bronco.

Until I have a real reason not to I will remain positive and hopeful about the new Bronco. If they did their homework and truly want to compete with the wrangler and build a capable 4x4 then it might not be a huge disappointment.

Lots of people (myself included) never thought we would get the Ranger back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Please Ford, do not do what Chevrolet did with their all new 2019 Blazer.

Posts: 10931 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:
It’s based on the ranger right? It has a manual option. I’d be surprised if they didn’t offer a manual. It’s competitor offers a manual option. They would be fools not to but it is Ford so who knows what they will do.

They'll put in one of their go-cart engines and a 10spd trans and ruin the whole thing.

Man, I hope not.

I drive a Lincoln Navigator L (a tarted up long-wheelbase Expedition). It has a turbocharged 3.5 liter V-6 that makes 450hp and 500ft-lbs of torque.

I used to drive a GMC Yukon Denali XL (a tarted up Suburban). It had a 6.2 liter V-8 that made 403hp and 417 ft-lbs of torque.

Despite the Ford turbo V-6 being just over half the displacement of the GMC V-8, it puts out noticeably more horsepower and torque while getting substantially better gas mileage. I guess maybe it doesn't sound as good? I'm happy with the V-6.

Same here, I have a 2018 Expedition and it's an animal. Lots of low end torque and HP. It makes 500 lbs of torque at 1500 rpms. The 10 speed transmission is also awesome and the shifts are seamless. With the ability to paddle shift it, why on earth would you need or want a manual???? Manuals upset (load and unload) the suspension too much and cause more wheel spin and greater frequency of loss of traction.

Well yeah, try getting a vehicle passed, it has to go through the safety tests then all of the EPA tests etc. these days.

Honestly, for most people the original Bronco design sucks. It was a real bear to get in and out of the vehicle, then a real bear to get in and out of the back seat, and the tailgate that swung open sideways sucked also, big, heavy and clumsy. However, if they come out with a Bronco, I don't see it being the Everest pictured because they already have the Explorer which looks to be about the same size.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jimmy123x,

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Surely not a Bronco, that looks like an Escape!

quote:

Here is what is coming:

If it's going to have a Chinese 7-speed manual would it even need a transfer case and low range?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7095 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:

quote:

Here is what is coming:

If it's going to have a Chinese 7-speed manual would it even need a transfer case and low range?

So is the Explorer going away? I was at a Ford dealership just a couple of days ago. The Explorer out front sure looked a lot like this.

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:

quote:

Here is what is coming:

So is the Explorer going away? I was at a Ford dealership just a couple of days ago. The Explorer out front sure looked a lot like this.

With few exceptions, out-of-box off road capable suv’s are pretty much a thing of the past. The only thing I’d buy right now to do any moderate or higher wheeling would be a Wrangler based item. If this is the “new” Bronco, I’m already disappointed. My 02 Grand Cherokee would wheel circles around it, I guarantee it.

I spent 6 weeks at Hatteras back in summer of 2005 for work and nearly every single low riding SUV didn’t take much to get stuck. Even aired down and with some experience driving in sand, a small margin for error landed folks on their frames in no time flat. There are lots of 4x4/all wheel drive choices, but without at least moderate ground clearance, nothing I would take out on the sand at the OBX. If you don’t have some decent ground clearance and chunky tread it is easy to get stuck in the large grained sand of the ‘banks.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15570 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
So to recap, Ford made all of us interested wait for the re-introduction of the Ranger for years, until they finally offered it for sale last year, followed by a
$40k+ price tag and a continual stream of recalls. And the Ranger Raptor that most buyers want, nope, Ford won't even confirm that version will ever be sold in the US. That's the way to build customer loyalty Ford. Now the geniuses at Ford offer up this version of the iconic Bronco which appears to be little more than an Explorer off shoot? What a joke. Guess when my current F150 is replaced, I'll be looking elsewhere for its replacement.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:

quote:

Here is what is coming:

No the Explorer is not going away and I am not sure why someone said we are getting the Everest (pictured above). We are not the Everest is an overseas SUV we’ll never see.
The 2020 Explorer is getting quite a revamp and going back to a rear wheel drive platform (should have never switched to a FWD setup). I am not sure if it is migrating back towards a truck frame or not.

We do not even know that a PRODUCTION Bronco is coming. Ford has given zero details. All they have said is they are building a Bronco that will have removable doors and unlike the Jeeps the mirrors will be mounted to the body not the door.
That is all I have seen officially from Ford. We have heard a Bronco is coming for at least a decade now.
They want to bring back an Icon to compete with the Wrangler and all they say is ohh our mirrors aren’t mounted to the doors.

————————————————

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
From the two pictures above, one is a Bronco & one is not.

Just like Chevy did to the Blazer.

Both offerings, the Blazer & the proposed Bronco are BINOs.

They're trading on the name but offering nothing fitting of either name.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5479 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Can we copy the picture a few more times. Roll Eyes

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Can we copy that red explorer picture a few more times. Roll Eyes

Yeah, seriously. Especially since it apparently has absolutely nothing to do with whatever new Bronco is coming out. It's an Everest, not the Bronco.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Ford has done a MASTERFUL job with the Mustang. I truly hope they can channel the same creative juices that made the new Mustang so awesome, a perfect blend of retro and modern.

Ford still offers manuals for the Mustang and for that reason alone I will remain hopeful until proven wrong. This means the soulless bean counters and idiots who love autos have not out numbered the people who actually like to drive a fun car. Good job Ford! Now do it with a truck. Make something FUN!

The powers that be at ford HAVE TO KNOW that retro styling worked with the Mustang in a big way. I really hope they can impress with the Bronco.

I’m in the market for a 4x4 with a drop top, Offroad capability and towing capacity.

Please Ford, don’t eff it up!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
If they’re not planning on reintroducing it seems no one told the website guys. Ford Bronco

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post