SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Ford Bronco
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ford Bronco Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I was thinking the same thing about the Blazer... They missed a big opportunity.

But, But, It looks like a piece of candy! Roll Eyes

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
I just read the Sasquatch package will not be available with the manual transmission.

I was willing to have the smaller engine but now no lockers? Have to reevaluated, I suppose.

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun Zeke:
I just read the Sasquatch package will not be available with the manual transmission.

I was willing to have the smaller engine but now no lockers? Have to reevaluated, I suppose.

Seriously? Pathetic. Well, you can officially scrap the new Bronco off my list

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun Zeke:

Seriously? Pathetic. Well, you can officially scrap the new Bronco off my list
As I mentioned a while back in this thread, just keep watching and reading. There's still a metric ton we don't know just yet about this thing. Could be a dud or could be a winner...with a little time and patience we'll all find out.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now , will you be able to order them with portal axels in 2022 ?

thats the money maker

so what if it doubles the un sprung weight
Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:

I can foresee some $100 deposit people getting the call to come pick up their new Bronco. They arrive to find the papers filled in with $2,000 extra fees, paint sealant, doc, adjusted market bump, etc. Either pay all that or the dealer simply refunds their $100 and puts it on the lot.

Since dealers are not allowed to order for inventory until all these private reservations are filled, I can see unscrupulous dealers doing exactly this. Once a reservation holder refuses his built vehicle and gets his $100 back, the dealer can place that vehicle in inventory.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I expected some of the "gotcha" issues you all are describing are not unintended. Once the initial surge of purchases from pent up demand start to ease they will "refine" the offerings to reel in the holdouts who wanted these features.

I am thinking 3rd year Bronco will be the sweet spot when they both iron out the kinks and dial into customer wants.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This guy's videos are pretty interesting. For us manual purists, I found this one particularly worthwhile to watch.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:

I can foresee some $100 deposit people getting the call to come pick up their new Bronco. They arrive to find the papers filled in with $2,000 extra fees, paint sealant, doc, adjusted market bump, etc. Either pay all that or the dealer simply refunds their $100 and puts it on the lot.

Since dealers are not allowed to order for inventory until all these private reservations are filled, I can see unscrupulous dealers doing exactly this. Once a reservation holder refuses his built vehicle and gets his $100 back, the dealer can place that vehicle in inventory.

Happened to me three times with a Datsun 240Z. I ordered white w/red interior. Dealer would call to tell me my car was here. Each time found silver w/ black interior. I finally gave up and cancelled. They don't appear to have improved their act in 50 years!

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Happened to me three times with a Datsun 240Z. I ordered white w/red interior. Dealer would call to tell me my car was here. Each time found silver w/ black interior. I finally gave up and cancelled.

Dude, can you go back in time and claim the vehicle? I'll buy it from you!
A girlfriend had a 240Z, silver w/ black interior when I was in college. I loved that car.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Well that was in record time. Who'd have even thought this would happen. Wink

A Chinese Carmaker Has Already Ripped Off The Ford Bronco's Design

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
Approximately 230,000 Bronco reservations have been received to date since the evening of July 13th when reservations opened during the Bronco online reveal! Keep in mind that this figure may be as of a few days ago.

The reservation figure comes by way of one of our reliable sources and the impressive number covers only the Bronco (does not include the Bronco Sport).

www.bronco6g.com

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Ford is actually listening to the people who complained about the Sasquatch package not being available with a manual and changed their minds. It will be available in 2021! Cool

Link to article

Ford employees on the new Bronco project said when people found out their job quite often their conversation would end along the lines of “don’t eff it up”. Big Grin If only Toyota had been so receptive with the horrible new Supra or Chevy with that terrible new “Blazer”.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Ford is actually listening to the people who complained about the Sasquatch package not being available with a manual and changed their minds. It will be available in 2021! Cool

Link to article =

Ford employees on the new Bronco project said when people found out their job quite often their conversation would end along the lines of “don’t eff it up”. Big Grin If only Toyota had been so receptive with the horrible new Supra or Chevy with that terrible new “Blazer”.

Good move by them it was crazy that they didn't offer it. I looked at the Bronco, but put in an order for a Jeep last week. It rolled off the line Wednesday but I haven't taken possession of it yet, hopefully this week.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Niiiiiice.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:

Link to article

Now if they'd only offer the V-6 with the manual...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
There are a couple outside my hotel in Denver right now. There are a bunch of vehicles under car covers, some are trucks by the silhouette and the Broncos are covered with car covers as well right now, but I caught those two pulling in so I got to see them. They are being test driven by Ford employees. Another guy approached a couple drivers and I overheard them saying that they are driving the 10 speed auto versions. The two I saw look real good in real life. I wanted to take some pictures but I also didn’t want to bother the drivers after the other guy did.

I haven’t bought a new car in over 20 years but a manual transmission Bronco might push me into taking the plunge.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
There are a couple outside my hotel in Denver right now. There are a bunch of vehicles under car covers, some are trucks by the silhouette and the Broncos are covered with car covers as well right now, but I caught those two pulling in so I got to see them. They are being test driven by Ford employees. Another guy approached a couple drivers and I overheard them saying that they are driving the 10 speed auto versions. The two I saw look real good in real life. I wanted to take some pictures but I also didn’t want to bother the drivers after the other guy did.

I haven’t bought a new car in over 20 years but a manual transmission Bronco might push me into taking the plunge.

Does it appear one of those undercover cars to be the Courier?

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^Waiting to see what the new Maverick/Courier/Ranchero small truck will be like. Last I knew the name may be Maverick, but the other two have been batted around. Hopefully the step in height is more slightly senior citizen friendly than the current Ranger/Canyon/Colorado models.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to derail the thread, but this 1991 Bronco with 29 miles sold for 90G.

It would be cool to own that thing, but not 90G cool.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/w...1991-ford-bronco-90g

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post