SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In a shocking turn of events, a member of the National Felon League was arrested for burglary
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In a shocking turn of events, a member of the National Felon League was arrested for burglary Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Things seem to have gone downhill since he stopped running around with the widdle ball.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018...lleged-burglary.html

Former NFL Pro Bowl tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday afternoon for his alleged connection to a burglary at a mobile home park in California.

Authorities responded to a possible burglary call at Park Encinitas Mobile Home Park around 2:40 p.m., The San Diego Union Tribune reported.

A resident who called the police tried to confront the suspect, later identified as Winslow, before he allegedly fled the scene, according to the paper. Authorities were able to track down the vehicle and arrested Winslow.

The former NFL player was charged with first-degree burglary and was held on $50,000 bail, the paper reported. He faces up to six years in prison if convicted.

Winslow's father, Kellen Sr., is a Hall of Fame tight end who played nine seasons with the San Diego Chargers and is considered one of the greatest players to ever play the position.

Kellen Winslow Jr. was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in 2004, and despite a series of injuries that threatened to derail his career, the 34-year-old became one of NFL’s best tight ends during his time in the league.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it sounds like he will be bending knees to his cellmate

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Not his first rodeo

New York Jets tight end Kellen Winslow, Jr., who's scheduled to become a free agent this offseason, was recently charged with drug possession after an incident that took place in November. Police weren't originally called to the scene for that reason, however.

Dom Cosentino of NJ.com reports a woman called authorities after encountering Winslow inside his car in a Target parking lot with the windows down on a cold day. From there, the situation turned bizarre, as noted by the police information passed along in the report:

As she exited her vehicle, she commented to the male regarding how cold it was. As she stood near the open driver side window of the Escalade, she observed the males [sic] erect penis. She stated that she believed he was masturbating. [The woman] provided a written statement regarding her account.

The incident in question happened at 5:30 p.m. on Nov. 19. When police arrived, Winslow was still in the car and told the officer that he had been looking for Boston Market before getting lost, according to the report.

Winslow was not exposing himself when the police reached his car. Cosentino states the officer did notice other suspicious things in the vehicle and asked to conduct a further search, which the 2004 first-round pick agreed to:

The cop noticed Winslow was wearing "dark colored" sweatpants and wrote that "his genitals were not exposed." But the cop also noticed "two open containers of Vaseline on his center console" and plastic bags marked "Mr. Happy" and empty plastic containers of "Funky Monkey" scattered throughout the vehicle.

Winslow allegedly told police he smoked the "Mr. Happy" and "Funky Monkey" at his home to relax because the NFL doesn't drug test for it, and that he buys the stuff on the internet and at gas stations. Police say he consented to a vehicle search, and after a few items were seized into evidence, Winslow was free to go.

Peggy Wright of the Daily Record reported last week that upon further testing it turned out the substance in question was Fubinaca, which is a synthetic form of cannabis or marijuana. It took more than a month for the complaint to get filed:

Township Detective Sgt. John Fox Jr. allegedly found Winslow in possession of the designer drug on Nov. 19 by the Target store on Route 10 but a criminal complaint charging the player with possession of the drug was not signed until Dec. 30.

Cosentino's report states police noted lewdness as a potential crime when they filed the incident report, but none of the charges Winslow faces involve the alleged actions.

He was charged with the third-degree offense of possession of a controlled dangerous substance, which includes potential jail time.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
How low do you have to be to rob a trailer home?

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WTF? Burglary? Of a trailer home? Really? Didn't he make enough playing foosball? I mean really?

I can't believe that all them years playing foosball, that he don't have at least a small nest egg.

I have been in really hard times, lost everything. House, car, job (which lead to the previous) and my mom all at the same time. I lived off of $50.00 worth of food a month. I never once though hey, I'll go steal, rob, and burglarize.

Is it just ingrained into the DNA?

Arman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
How the mighty fall.

quote:
Originally posted by ARman:

Nah, both good and bad are learned from years of exposure.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:

Maybe just low on "supplies" and you know where they are?

Really how low do you have to be to venture onto grounds of trailer homes? Nothing good ever there, in general.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12390 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
A Hall of Fame Tight End in prison? He'll be real popular!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Spoiled thug. I remember his big mouth at Thug U (Miami) and before I quit watching NFL remember him as a loud mouth.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23194 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
son of Hall of famer.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23194 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
No, the son of a hall of fame tight end in prison

From what I can tell, his Dad was actuslly a pretty good dude and sonny boy rebelled and couldn’t handle not being as good as daddy

quote:

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:

Probably after their jar of Vaseline™️

Posts: 26891 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
He made over $43M in his career.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well heck he was educated at the "U".

I have nothing against UM but the national Championship game, pre game B.S. about what the U was gonna do to the hapless Buckeyes and KW was gonna be one of the prime reasons made me sick.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:

Soon to be a wide receiver.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11760 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
All the millions he amassed throughout his career were probably given back to the community; that's why he was broke and burglin' at the trailer park...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15546 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
He made over $43M in his career.

With decent financial advice, which obviously he could afford, but did not follow... the portfolio earnings on what he was paid should last more than a lifetime.

quote:

Indeed. Pathetic.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24044 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
How the mighty fall.

quote:
Originally posted by ARman:

Nah, both good and bad are learned from years of exposure.

Too many of them act like this because from an early age they were told that normal rules don’t apply when you can catch a ball and run fast.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
This is a real shame. I was a Charger season ticket holder back when his dad was running wild with Air Coryell, a terrific athlete, football player and all around good guy.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Isn't he the one who claimed playing the football game is like being on a real battlefield?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post