SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need a connection from Texas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a connection from Texas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
Looking for 5-10 pounds of shelled pecans pieces or halves.
The prices up north are Nuckin Futs!
I think they are about $5 pound down there. I'll pay for the shipping.
Please lemme know.
Thanks,

ps I make award winning Pecan Pies!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8342 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Not sure the bargain you are looking for is out there. I was at Lane Orchards in Fort Valley, Georgia (near Warner Robins) recently and fresh pecans there were $14 a pound. They are about the same price in NC.

Good luck in your quest

Posts: 728 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
$7/lb from Costco with free 2 day shipping for $75 orders:

https://www.costco.com/kirklan...oduct.100115257.html

I’ll check locally later, but shipping might eat up any savings.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
You said five to ten pounds.

Six of the Costco two-pound bags would give you twelve pounds, and put you over the $75.00 threshold, so there would be free shipping.

Your total cost would be $7.00 / pound, shipping included. NJ might add sales tax.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
$16-17 a pound here

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
$9.60 per pound using my employee discount at Mount Hope Wholesale.

Costco’s prices are hard to beat.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
I wonder why Costco’s pecan prices are half that of the local grower’s prices? Are they last year’s crop? Imported?

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
The best pecans are grown in and around Albany, GA. I’ve ordered from these nice folks:

Sunnyland Farms

They are fresh and taste incredibly good!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Our area is known for Pecans but I think they're around $10.00/lb. We were looking for local Pine Nuts, those are also $10.00/lb.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not the best prices but I use these folks when I want the best.

They are a Texas company, a grower and have developed their own varieties (owner is a Texas A&M agriculture grad). Quality is second to none. You have a choice of varieties; Pawnee, Choctaw, Wichita and Kiowa. Sample pricing:

Pecan halves $15.29/lb
Cracked Pawnee Pecans $14.99 for 2 lbs
“In shell” Pawnee Pecans 10 lbs for $63.00

T-Boy

Posts: 499 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: September 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Thanks All!
I relented to the Costco deal...
I can appreciate the high-quality referrals, but for baking pies vs the double the price, I followed my wallet.
As always, there are very helpful people on the forum. Thank you again.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8342 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
look at H J BERGERON PECANS.. located not that far from my location.. been in business for 100yrs.. ship all around the world.. hard to beat quality. ..................drill sgt.

Posts: 1999 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Aldi has pecan halves in this week's ad @ $4.99 per 10oz bag, works out to about $8.00 a pound.

Posts: 4693 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post