SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have you Googled yourself lately?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you Googled yourself lately? Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
My name is more common than I would have thought, I don't show up in the first page of a Google search.
In fact, the third listing was my obituary. Cool

That was just using first and last name though. I tend to believe security/privacy really doesn't exist anymore.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you Googled yourself lately?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Those on Facebook should delete their phone number.

Don't ask me why?

Ha. This is actually a method I use to figure out who is calling and harassing people among other things.

The best was when I was visiting a dispatcher and some douchebag called and wanted to complain about someone but refused to give his name and phone number and demanded to speak to the officer in charge. He wouldn't listen to the fact that it's a regional dispatch center and that no officers are there. He started becoming belligerent then hung up and kept calling back on 9-1-1 and screaming obscenities. 9-1-1 shows your number and gives approximate gps location from your cell. I facebooked his number, figured out who he was, ran his info, drove over to his house and arrested him for misuse of 9-1-1. Interrupt my flirt time and pay the consequences.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Have you Googled yourself lately?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I used to hunt people down online for a job (fraud related), and still do contract one-offs on occasion, and we only use(d) two pay services (mostly for speed/convenience), and could get by with nothing but the free sources for most people. And that was having to start with nothing but a username from a forum or eBay or something, and work backwards from there, including getting them to answer the phone and confirm they were so and so... and the success rate was in the high 90 percentile. I'm kind of fast. My friend can do a few/day.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During my brief time as a P.I, I quickly learned:
Given enough time, money and dedication 99% of people can be found.
That while it is possible to disappear, most people cant do it. Old habits, contacts, hobbies and other traces of their old lives trip them up. I once located a person by the use of a dog license.
A crisp 100 dollar bill loosened a lot of lips.
People have no idea how little real privacy they have or how easy it is to invade that privacy.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
OK, just for the hell of it, I googled my name. Lots of doctors and those who seem to care. Then down about 10 folks there was a book about Sodomy and the pirate tradition. Not sure how to take that. Smile

Interesting, didn’t realize your handle was pronounced ‘arrrrrr burg’.

Posts: 516 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
I did and im not there
However, the Mrs., you gotta be kidding me?
Everything including the kitchen sink !!!
(Well, AND me)

A mark on the hand or forehead for ID, doesnt sound unreasonable these days does it?

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1302 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I did, I am British Nobility born in 1508 and died in 1586. It was a good life.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
I did, I am British Nobility born in 1508 and died in 1586. It was a good life.

Died 400 years ago and you are still in the database? This does not bode well. Frown

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2270 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Not since my mom caught me...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
One minnow swims out of sync with the school, looks up and asks the egret, "Are you looking at ME?"

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Looks like my efforts to have many of these various sites purge my data have been pretty successful. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, I found a mugshot. Does it count if it's not mine?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Not recently, but a few years ago I found I have the same name as a punk rock singer. Big Grin

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post