SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Photo request - Central Texas Veterans Cemetery
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photo request - Central Texas Veterans Cemetery Login/Join 
Picture of dubya
posted
Howdy,

When someone is planning a visit to the Central Texas Veterans Cemetery, Killeen, I would appreciate a couple pictures from a stone. It’s in the front section and I can email the grave locater info. My email is my profile or leave me a note here.

Thanks,
JW

Don’t forget to give those you care about a touch and tell them how you feel; most of us lose people unexpectedly.

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live about 30 miles from there and drive by it couple of times a week. Email location of stone and I will get these in the next couple of days

Posts: 2121 | Location: Central TX | Registered: February 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harvey!

I emailed the location details to the email in your profile. It will be quite a while until I can get back and I really appreciate it.

JW

God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I live in Temple, really close to Belton, I can swing by for you if you would like. If Harvey can’t get to it I will. Just lemme know.

Email is in my profile, just put sigforum in the subject line.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike!

God Bless America

posted Hide Post
you might be able to find it at:

https://www.findagrave.com/cem...te-veterans-cemetery

Otherwise, you can log in and request the photo.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
Thanks sigsac, but I’m looking for something a bit more “pleasant” than a close cropped photo of a headstone; something that captures the immediate surrounding area...some grass, some background. I think you get the idea - a bit more artistic...

SECTION 2 ROW H SITE 197

More like this (and a bit wider as well):

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dubya,

God Bless America

Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
Harvey976g was great to say he’d drive in for me. In anyone else is in the cemetery visiting others you can say hello to my parents (they inter spouses above/below in the same plot) at:

SECTION 2 ROW H SITE 197

When I can make it to the cemetery there are many to visit...

Regards, JW

God Bless America

posted Hide Post
I have some business in Austin tomorrow and will drive right by it, today was a nice overcast day would have made for some nice pics.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Central TX | Registered: February 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harvey!

Edit: Harvey, there’s no rush on this. Save this for a day you have time to kill. It will be great whenever.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dubya,

God Bless America