SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bodycam Footage of a Police Shooting in Utah
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bodycam Footage of a Police Shooting in Utah Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
Here's some pretty raw footage of a police shooting this past February. The perp was a pure fool and caused his own fate and he had a very lengthy record. I believe this is still being investigated. Hopefully nothing will come of it for the cops involved.

I'm not certain if this has been posted before - hopefully not. I did a search and couldn't find it.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...R_A&feature=youtu.be

Story: http://fox13now.com/2017/03/31...-involving-officers/

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
I cant find the thread but I believe this is jibjab...

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
It makes sense that it would be, but I couldn't find it either.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Whoa! That a-hole got ventilated and then some. I count 16 shots.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
First time I've seen it.

I saw a gun in his waist when he lifted his hoodie, then he started moving, and reaching for it. I'm assuming the investigation will show the officers were justified.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
so one of the cops grabbed the suspect's gun and shot him with it? That doesn't seem like it would go over too well...

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Whoa! That a-hole got ventilated and then some. I count 16 shots.

Watched on my phone. That was a lot of shooting in about 2 seconds. Was he shooting at perp while partner was wrestling with him? I couldn't follow what was happening.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
so one of the cops grabbed the suspect's gun and shot him with it? That doesn't seem like it would go over too well...

With the suspect reaching down towards his waistband to pull his gun, there was no way either of the officers could have drawn their pistols quickly enough to avoid getting shot. The only thing the officer had time to do was grab for the suspect's gun. Thankfully, he got control of it before the bad guy did.

Posts: 4499 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Don, watch the video again. The suspect was not complying, had a gun and was trying to evade. During the struggle to apprehend the officer appears to have killed the perp with the perps pistol. I see no difference with him killing the perp with the perps gun rather than his sidearm. A lethal weapon is a lethal weapon. Would you rather the perp be the one to empty that magazine during the struggle? I see no issue at all with how it played out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:

Poetic Justice

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn't really matter when deadly force is authorized or it has reached that point.

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
quote:

With the suspect reaching down towards his waistband to pull his gun, there was no way either of the officers could have drawn their pistols quickly enough to avoid getting shot. The only thing the officer had time to do was grab for the suspect's gun. Thankfully, he got control of it before the bad guy did.
Agreed

quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
quote:

Poetic Justice
Let me be the first to say, "play stupid games, win stupid prizes"

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
Video from the officer who did most of the shooting LINK :

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Watched on my phone. That was a lot of shooting in about 2 seconds. Was he shooting at perp while partner was wrestling with him? I couldn't follow what was happening.

Basically, yes. The upright cop first fired one shot at the perp during the ground scuffle, quickly moved himself into a better position, and emptied the magazine into said perp. His reload can be heard on the video I posted above.

quote:

This is addressed in the OP's article:

quote:
"The first officer who was wrestling heard the shots and was able to get the gun, that is when he began firing--fearing that Sanchez had another gun and had shot,” White said.

In other words, according to White, it was the shots from his partner that made the officer believe Sanchez may have had another weapon, so when he wrestled away Sanchez's gun, he used that gun to shoot him.

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The comments under the vid are something else.....

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S600MBUSA:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Basically, yes. The upright cop first fired one shot at the perp during the ground scuffle, quickly moved himself into a better position, and emptied the magazine into said perp. His reload can be heard on the video I posted above.

quote:

This is addressed in the OP's article:

quote:
"The first officer who was wrestling heard the shots and was able to get the gun, that is when he began firing--fearing that Sanchez had another gun and had shot,” White said.

In other words, according to White, it was the shots from his partner that made the officer believe Sanchez may have had another weapon, so when he wrestled away Sanchez's gun, he used that gun to shoot him.

In that sort of chaos, that makes sense to me, I'm good with it.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post