SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any LaRue contacts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any LaRue contacts? Login/Join 
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted
A client has a product that I think they'd be interested in, and before I cold call, I figured I'd check the Sigforum network.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped using LaRue 8-years ago.
Any reason why just LaRue..would any other machinist turned firearm accessory manufacturer be interested?

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Any reason why just LaRue..would any other machinist turned firearm accessory manufacturer be interested?

That's rather cryptic.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is the sort of thing that I think would be right up their alley, which is why I thought of them. Really any accessory manufacturers could potentially be interested. Please feel free to email if your comfortable disclosing your reasons for not using them.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dallas239:
quote:
Is the sort of thing that I think would be right up their alley, which is why I thought of them. Really any accessory manufacturers could potentially be interested. Please feel free to email if your comfortable disclosing your reasons for not using them.

The reasons are varied. Compared to the larger market, LaRue makes a quality product; over time however, his mounts will mar and eventually round-off the rails on a AR. While his public persona is a supporter of the ground-pounder and his unfailing support of guys headed downrange, his ability as a businessman and those relationships, is a burnt path of destruction and a who's who in the tactical firearms world. Some of those issue are known and can be found on the web over the year, others not so much.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Larue has been very good to me. Nice parts and pretty badass cs.

just my experience

Just call them and tell them what you want.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I just got a bunch of free bumper stickers and some Dillo Dust seasoning in my last order, so that trumps whatever you said. Smile

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dallas239:
quote:

The reasons are varied. Compared to the larger market, LaRue makes a quality product; over time however, his mounts will mar and eventually round-off the rails on a AR. While his public persona is a supporter of the ground-pounder and his unfailing support of guys headed downrange, his ability as a businessman and those relationships, is a burnt path of destruction and a who's who in the tactical firearms world. Some of those issue are known and can be found on the web over the year, others not so much.

He has a lot of die hard followers but I agree with your statement concerning his business practices. I also think that he should have expanded outside the AR market, perhaps his recent decision to sell AR kits eludes to falling sales. I know there are plenty of brick and mortar FFLs that don’t care for him. I’ll personally think that I’d be doesn’t change his business model he won’t last. I know personally that their customer service is horrendous. If I were the OP I would find a different company to work with but that’s just my opinion.

Posts: 4077 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of our member was recently talking about setting up a machine shop cmr076 maybe?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post