SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mmmm cheesecake
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mmmm cheesecake Login/Join 
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by RB211:
When I have the itch.... Basque Burnt Cheesecake
The recipe in the linked article is interesting, in terms of units of measure. It uses pounds, cups, Fahrenheit temperatures, centimeters (pan diameter) and inches.

While residing in Barcelona I came home from work one day to find my wife in tears and a ruined apple pie in the kitchen. "I can't cook metric," she said. Next time somebody from our U.S. based company came over for a visit, I had them bring a set of U.S. measuring cups and spoons, and Fahrenheit cooking thermometers. Problem solved.

Funny story behind this one - Never had a Basque until a couple of years ago at my sister's for Thanksgiving. A friend of hers brought it to dinner. Me being the consummate cheesecake freak, asked for the recipe. He wouldn't give it up.. would not budge an inch for me or my mother.. Said that a chef in San Sebastian gave it to him and made him promise not to give it out.

While sitting in the PVD airport, I used my google-fu and found it in seconds. Had all of the Metric to US conversions done and a recipe card ready to print by the time we landed at MCO. Now, every time I make one (and there have been many) I post it to her FB wall just to piss him off..

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post