SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mmmm cheesecake
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mmmm cheesecake Login/Join 
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted
Sure could use a nice slice of cheesecake right about now! Smile

The store near my house sells a pretty tasty cheesecake. They also have some of that sweet fruity topping stuff that's kinda like jam or whatever.

Too lazy to jump in my car, so I'll just have to dream about it.

Anyone else having a cheesecake craving? Big Grin

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
I just got back from dinner. Cheesecake with fresh strawberries for dessert. Brought half of it back up to the room. Soooooo good, so I'm rubbing it in.

Posts: 1983 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
About ten minutes from my house. I have been a customer for thirty years, or more.

They also have a soup and sandwich type lunch menu. Really good garlic burgers!

http://www.andreaCheesecake.com

Not really a gay cake:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Uber delivery?

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub:
I just got back from dinner. Cheesecake with fresh strawberries for dessert. Brought half of it back up to the room. Soooooo good, so I'm rubbing it in.

Mad Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
try https://www.juniorscheesecake.com/

Great cheesecake. What a treat when, as a child, my mother would take me to the restaurant for lunch or dinner.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1929 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It may be blasphemy but me and my wife love eating at the Cheesecake Factory. It’s usually where we go for lunch or dinner the day after arriving at my moms place when we head down south.

Their bbq chicken pizza is good too.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My wife made one yesterday, so the itch has been scratched.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
They also have some of that sweet fruity topping stuff that's kinda like jam or whatever.
Pure heresy on a Cheesecake.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Why is cheesecake not recommended for people like me with heart condition?

Excess fat in the cheesecake?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

No, use healthy people just want to keep it all to ourselves.

I love me some cheesecake. Plain preferred, but some chocolate or carmel drizzle is ok if that all they have.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

No, use healthy people just want to keep it all to ourselves.

I love me some cheesecake. Plain preferred, but some chocolate or carmel drizzle is ok if that all they have.

HaHa...Pig out..

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
When I have the itch.... Basque Burnt Cheesecake

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cheesecakes have a lot of . . . wait for it . . . cheese in them. Cream cheese, and that is not a low-fat food. And a lot of sugar.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RB211:
When I have the itch.... Basque Burnt Cheesecake
The recipe in the linked article is interesting, in terms of units of measure. It uses pounds, cups, Fahrenheit temperatures, centimeters (pan diameter) and inches.

While residing in Barcelona I came home from work one day to find my wife in tears and a ruined apple pie in the kitchen. "I can't cook metric," she said. Next time somebody from our U.S. based company came over for a visit, I had them bring a set of U.S. measuring cups and spoons, and Fahrenheit cooking thermometers. Problem solved.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
I was at the store today and guess what I bought?
That's right! A tasty cheesecake!
And some delicious blackberry topping stuff!

After dinner tonight I'm going to enjoy a slice! And make sure there's plenty of blackberry topping! Smile

Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Several years ago, I wanted to bake a Carnegie Deli Cheesecake for a special Thanksgiving event. Well, it took me 3 times to get it right, but now it's mine.

Ex-wife asked server at a nice restaurant if their cheesecake was house made. Server replied that the "New York" cheesecake was house made but the ones on the menu with topping were Mrs. Edwards.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Cheesecakes have a lot of . . . wait for it . . . cheese in them. Cream cheese, and that is not a low-fat food. And a lot of sugar.

When I was in the hospital recently, on the menu, cheesecake was not on the heart healthy menu.

I like it very much , but eat it rarely, just glad it doesn't affect everyone else like it does me.

美しい犬

crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Tonight I had my slice of cheesecake! Smile
mmmmmm Smile
Dinner wasn't anything fancy but at least I had a great dessert! Big Grin