SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    David Hogg puts Publix in crosshairs, demands $1 million donation and anti-NRA pledge
Page 1 2 3 4 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
David Hogg puts Publix in crosshairs, demands $1 million donation and anti-NRA pledge Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
David Hogg is trying to shake down Publix.

The public face of the gun-control movement demanded $1 million Thursday from the Florida-based grocery chain in a tweet, just one day after calling for a “die-in” protest at its stores.

Publix is being targeted by Mr. Hogg for its support of Adam Putnam, a Republican gubernatorial candidate who is now the state’s agricultural commissioner. The Tampa Bay Times reported earlier this week that Publix had given $670,000 during the last three years to Putnam campaigns.

Mr. Hogg not only sought atonement money from the grocery chain in Thursday’s tweet, he also demanded a pledge of ideological fealty to the gun-control movement.

“I call on @Publix to donate double the money they gave to Putman [sic] to the Stoneman Douglas Victims fund, $1,000,000. And never support an A rated NRA politician again,” he wrote.

— (@davidhogg111)

The monetary demand came a day after Mr. Hogg called for disruptive demonstrations Friday at all Publix stores, one of the biggest chains in the Southeast and especially Florida, where it is the largest private employer.

“@Publix is a #NRASellOut,” he tweeted. “In Parkland we will have a die in the Friday (the 25th) before memorial day weekend. Starting at 4pm for 12 min inside our 2 Publix stores. Just go an lie down starting at 4. Feel free to die in with us at as many other @Publix as possible.”

— (@davidhogg111)
When asked by the Tampa Bay Times about its support for Mr. Putnam, a Publix spokesman did not mention guns.

“As the hometown candidate, Publix has had a long-standing relationship with Commissioner Putnam,” spokesman Brian West said. “We support pro-business candidates, and believe Commissioner Putnam will make a great governor.”

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Sounds like extortion to me.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Is he still unemployed and not going to college?

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Ignore them. When they have their "die in", have every one of them arrested.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Report This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
I hope someone runs over that nasty, fascist little shit with their shopping cart.

More than once would be like scoring bonus points.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Sounds like extortion to me.

Yep sounds like. Lock the lil fucker up

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
He must have read Jesse Jackson's playbook.

Isn't that idiot's 15 minutes of "fame" up yet?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
That only works for Sharpton.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Who?

If that kid goes through with another "protest", "die-in", or whatever to get his name in the news, I'll donate another $100 to the NRA.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Piss up a rope Hogg.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
He must have read Jesse Jackson's playbook.

Well, they're both leftists, so...

quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Isn't that idiot's 15 minutes of "fame" up yet?

The only place I see or hear about him any more is here Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Children say the darnedest things.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Ignore trolls.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I shop at Publix weekly. Should anyone opt to "die in" in my Publix store, I will go out of my way to stomp them on my way into and out of the store. Someone needs to pull young Hogg aside...and beat his ass severely. This is exactly what happens when morons don't learn their place in the pecking order.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I'm beginning to understand why commie bloc countries crush rebellion with prejudice.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I wonder how Hoggs approval ratings are going? Surely people are tired of the little fruit.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Someone needs to pull young Hogg aside...and beat his ass severely. This is exactly what happens when morons don't learn their place in the pecking order.

If his daddy had beat his ass as a kid instead of raising a bitch, we wouldn't have come to this point...

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
That only works for Sharpton.....

this...

I'll guess curiosity may get me to go over to twitter and search his posts, if I have nothing better to do,,

thinking I do have something better to do

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
I hope someone runs over that nasty, fascist little shit with their shopping cart pickup truck.
More than once would be like scoring bonus points.

Fixed

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I picture a good old fashion frog march right out of corporate headquarters.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5149 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Report This Post