SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bad shoulder pain for weeks after a flu shot?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad shoulder pain for weeks after a flu shot? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So my elderll father has had really bad shoulder pain since having the shot.
Primary doc has scheduled an mri.

Thoughts?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I can't help. I've never had any pain from flu shots. But this thread ought to be posted in The Lounge.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just guessing here, but has he been evaluated for possibly adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder)? Maybe the flu shot was some sort of triggering event? I am not a doctor.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
Several of the guys at the gun club have been complaining about this after getting their flu shots. Yet another reason to avoid the damn things.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Is the pain in the same shoulder where the shot was given?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I've always had a slightly sore arm for a day or so after a flu shot but that's it. This doesn't sound right, he's right to get looked at.

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
My arm is sore for a day or two also but not longer than that.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
No pain whatsoever this year. Forgot about it until I saw the bandaid.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Yeah, on the occasions when I gotten flu shots my arm would be just a little sore for a day or two. The last time I got a tetanus update it was very sore for over a week.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
See if his doc reported it through VAERS. Complications are rare but they happen and can be severe or even life threatening. In the unlikely event that it results in a permanent disability or condition, there is a government compensation program for it.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This year I got a flu shot for the first time in 4 or 5 years. It didn't hurt the day of, but it felt like they shot concrete in there the next day, and for a week after! I ever had a slight lump at the ejection sight.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea, me too on the sore shoulder. It lasted about a week. This is the first time this happened and I get a flu shot every year.

Awake not woke

Posts: 567 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fairly severe, and long lasting, shoulder damage can result from a poorly placed flu shot.

We have been going through this for a year. We've had to get lawyers involved. Don't assume it's nothing. Keep detailed records.

Look up SIRVA.

Good luck

Posts: 325 | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zingo:
Fairly severe, and long lasting, shoulder damage can result from a poorly placed flu shot.

We have been going through this for a year. We've had to get lawyers involved. Don't assume it's nothing. Keep detailed records.

Look up SIRVA.

Good luck

Yes! There is a syndrome of the shoulder from poorly placed injections. A lady I know had a really hard time from it. It was also a flu shot

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys and gals. Very helpful.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
May not be related to the immunization.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post