SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What item once you get a taste of the luxury version, means you can't go back to the economy version?
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What item once you get a taste of the luxury version, means you can't go back to the economy version? Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I've not yet had the pleasure of a new purchase vehicle with leather seats but that is high on my list. The last two vehicles had them, though. They'd be so much easier to keep clean seeing how I'm in the trades and favor a light beige interior.

For me, it is high end footwear. I stocked up on loafers between 2010 and 2013 and am probably set for life. Same with boots. All recraftable.

Nice tools are a must, even though sometimes a cheap, low tech hand tool is what works best.

My bison wool watch cap was not cheap! But the days of $5 Army Surplus caps are done.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
About the only thing I can stand out of a blister pack anymore is the occasional Oscar Meyer bologna sandwich.
The bologna is bad, but the liver is wurst.

Imagonna slap you if I get back over to the hanger for that... LOL

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Could we get back to discussing quality pussy?b

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got to add another suggestion to the pile.

Redmond’s Salt of Utah. https://realsalt.com

Most sea salts out there have pollution residue and micro plastics. This doesn’t because it comes from an ancient seabed underground. Besides all of that, it has important trace minerals and just tastes better. Good stuff and 100% USA!

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Luxardo cherries in a Manhattan.
Helicopter instead of fixed wing.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Foot wear..Allen Edmunds and Danners, my Acadias are like slippers and my Allen Edmunds break in just right.

Clothes ...Brooks Brothers, their suits just hang right and their shirts look great.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
V8 vs. V6 or 4-banger.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Toilet paper. If you stock the single-ply waxed parchment paper stuff in your guest bathroom, you’re no friend of mine. I’ll always endeavor to never need to use toilet paper outside the home, but if I do.... ‘Nuff said.

Tillamook cheddar cheese, any variety but medium is just perfect. I spent a decade in “North as it gets” New York State and have tried a very wide variety of the cheeses from the big and small dairies in that area, including Quebec and of course, Vermont. Vermont cheddar is toe fungus compared to Tillamook. It simply is in a class by itself. We’ve lived in the Puget around area for nearly a decade and there’s ever been a block or slices in our fridge. Family that we’ve had visit from the East coast end up taking a block back with them in a soft sided cooler container on the plane, as we spread the good news.

Quality peppercorns, freshly ground in decent grinders. I have several big bags of Malabar black from India that we tend to keep in a grinder on the table and a small bag of Talamanca black from Equador that’s my absolute favorite. The lady I was getting it from who had a small private source told me she can’t get it anymore since the property was sold and the vines ripped out. I’ve been hoarding what’s left for long past peak freshness, but I’m loath to finish it up.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Cooled seats in cars. Heated seats are equally nice, as is a heated steering wheel. But cooled in the summer is just...

Glass. As in camera lenses. Not necessarily the widest aperture or the longest focal length. Good glass that works and can endure day-in and day-out use in commercial settings.

Fly rods.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
For me, tailored clothing and quality shoes. Quality winter underwear, too.

And a bunch of other things.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
High performance ski equipment (and ski-in / ski-out lodging).

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pocket knives, AR15 triggers, hot sauce

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
Wild blueberries versus commercial.

No comparison.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Nice cars, leather, nav good stereo, good ride and decent power and handling.
Such as BMW M3, Audi S4, etc.

Decent drinks, don't have to be super expensive but good.
Current favorites are Blanton's, Elijah Craig, Booker's or Baker's, Wild Turkey Rare Breed, Aberlour 12, Balvenie 12, Macallan 12, and a good craft gin.

Guns, prefer Sigs, Glocks, and other decent quality pistols.
Knives, BM or custom.

Good food. Real grains, real meats, real dairy, fresh veggies.

Shoes, Allen Edmund's, Cole Haan, Johnston and Murphy, and the like.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
AR triggers
Optics (I’m getting there)
Coffee
Beer
Seafood
Shirts
Rifle ammo
Hotels

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Leica Binoculars

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m going to add eyeglass frames. And also lenses. And concur with quality over luxury.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I thought maybe I’d be the first to say “wife”. Should have known better!

But the irony is that the economy version was much more expensive than the luxury version!

Training. In the last year I’ve had the best tactical and medical training of my career. Blows mediocre economy training out of the water.

Rite in the Rain notepads and pens.

Emerson knives.

And, of course, SIGforum!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
All-beef bologna and hot dogs. Razz

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
All-beef bologna and hot dogs. Razz

Not just any all beef hot dog but American Wagyu all beef hot dogs from Snake River Farms. Black grade cap of rib eye also from Snake River Farms.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post