SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What item once you get a taste of the luxury version, means you can't go back to the economy version?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What item once you get a taste of the luxury version, means you can't go back to the economy version? Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Too many things, but I’ll add custom made boots to those things mentioned thus far. Of course, that comes from having a hard-to-fit foot more than a desire to wear custom-mades

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Stetson Hats
Bayou Rum
Live Oak Beer
Vacations

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
It's already been noted, but gunleather is one for me. I don't know if I'd call Milt Sparks "luxury," but they put out excellent products. I've had some lesser-expensive holsters that really weren't bad, but as time goes on I find that I don't go back to them.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoes and boots
Hotels
Watches
Good quality meat and fish

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Faster Horses, Younger Women, Older Whiskey, More Money. By Tom T Hall https://youtu.be/vnvMcX95G20

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Raptor trauma shears. No comparison to the promo give away ones everyone carries. They go through denim, cordura, and leather like a hot knife through butter.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mentioned already, but tops on my list:

Border Collies, quality triggers (Geissele, etc.) and quality tools. Milwaukee are among the best.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Maple Syrup.

My Wife's homemade potato dinner rolls.

Good Steak aged

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Bandit
posted Hide Post
Coffee and Bourbon lately.

Posts: 4334 | Location: Erie, Pa, USA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tools- the cheap stuff will get you hurt, or just ruin fasteners trying to make them work. Buy the right tools for the job at hand.
Jogging/tennis shoes- higher end ASICS is all my middle aged feet like for everyday wear.
Coffee- top shelf, worth every penny.
Leather seats will be in my truck.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
About the only thing I can stand out of a blister pack anymore is the occasional Oscar Meyer bologna sandwich.
The bologna is bad, but the liver is wurst.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I prefer high quality over luxury.

IMO, sadly, it's often the same thing at this point.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
someone already mentioned sushi, but that, along with Balsamic Vinegar is another one. I avoid it like the plague wherever I see it on menus. All because of the sales rep with the little crystal bottle who came into the restaurant. Best stuff i have ever tasted. We may go to italy this summer, and if we are up north, we may go to Modena to find some good stuff.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Not sure if Kilkerry Butter was mentioned. Makes regular butter taste like ass.

It'll freaking change your life. I actually put the stuff in my coffee.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Oh, and jeans. I like my regular cheap jeans, but my pricey Hudson jeans are hard to beat when it comes to fit, durability, and comfort.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Socks. I love some high quality Merino wool socks.

I would say first class flying, but it turns out I can, and must, go back to economy most of the time. Frown

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Boston:
someone already mentioned sushi, but that, along with Balsamic Vinegar is another one. I avoid it like the plague wherever I see it on menus. All because of the sales rep with the little crystal bottle who came into the restaurant. Best stuff i have ever tasted. We may go to italy this summer, and if we are up north, we may go to Modena to find some good stuff.

My son dated an Italian girl from Dallas and she was used to fancy food. He tried expensive balsamic vinegar at her house and hasn't been the same since. My understanding is that the balsamic vinegar that is sold at grocery stores is a fake replica, a shadow of the real stuff.

Posts: 7451 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
My understanding is that the balsamic vinegar that is sold at grocery stores is a fake replica, a shadow of the real stuff.

Much like the "wasabi" offered at nearly all American sushi joints.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Shoes/clothing, tobacco pipe and cigars.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Without a doubt the heated steering wheel. We bought a new car six or seven years ago and the salesman mentioned it several times. I thought it was kind of stupid but the wife thought it sounded great.

After that first winter I was a real believer. What a difference it made when it was 10 degrees outside. Smile

Heated leather seats—check

Never experienced a heated steering wheel. Intriguing. Many a winter’s day I’ve switched to the dash vents so I could take turns with each hand, holding my fingers in front of a vent blowing warm air.

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post