SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What item once you get a taste of the luxury version, means you can't go back to the economy version?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What item once you get a taste of the luxury version, means you can't go back to the economy version? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
Pussy was the first thing that came to mind...and once you start thinking about pussy, it's hard to think about anything else!

True - I’m partial to Norwegian Forest cats...

Norwegian Forest Cats are cool, all right. We're kind of fond of Ragdolls and Maine Coons Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merkel - The figure of the wood is really nice, as is the engraving on the metal. I haven't bought another rifle since I got my k-3 stutzen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pony220,

Posts: 329 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must really be a hick. I am pretty much good with the low end stuff everybody else casts aside. Or I could still be living on my college budget...

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Many things but circumstance usually dictates I will be partaking in the economy version again.

The exceptions:

Tide laundry pods.
Blue shop towels.
Contractor quality garbage bags.

Here I Accept no substitutes!

Posts: 3142 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
High quality, aged Bourbon.

Posts: 6612 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
1st class flights for sure

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
Last year my wife purchased an expensive set of silk sheets and pillowcases for our bed. (not polyester "satin"....real silk). This, after many years of using high thread count, high quality cotton sheets. (She was a bit of a "sheet snob" and always sought out really high quality ones. Often times, finding out that they were not the quality advertised.)

They are cooler than cotton sheets, and also keep you quite warm in winter. I'll admit, I was quite impressed, and she has told me we are never going back to cotton, no matter what they cost.

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 653 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Hunting or fishing where game is plentiful, it is near impossible to get motivated to go local any longer.

Merino wool vs. nearly any synthetic.

Leather, from boots to belts to holsters, and garments. Quality stands out so far above and beyond standard.

Butter, I will not pay for margerine ever again. That shit needs to be labeled "not for human consumption".

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5145 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Reynolds heavy duty foil.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Snap-On Tools FTW.

Everything else feels like it was manufactured by Playskool.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
German drop forged kitchen knives (Henckels in my case)

Big Green Egg

Thermapen

German hefeweizen and dunkelweizen (e.g. Weihenstephaner)

Alaskan king, red, or silver salmon - I became a huge salmon snob during my 5 years in Alaska. Farm raised Atlantic salmon just doesn't cut it, and neither do the salmon species Alaskans feed to their dogs.

Halibut - I used to like cod, but halibut is so much better. Besides, fishing in Alaska convinced me that when you catch a cod you either throw it back or cut it up to catch halibut.

Prime grade beef - I usually drive past a HEB twice a day and their Prime1 has me hooked

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23199 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Unishot:
Last year my wife purchased an expensive set of silk sheets and pillowcases for our bed.

How durable is silk when being washed? Any special methods or handling required?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I used to smoke. Good cigarettes beat the hell out of mass market smokes.

And Scotch whisky.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
For washing the silk sheets, you just have to use lukewarm water, and a special soap that has no enzymes in it. It is made specifically for silk. My wife uses Tenestar, and you're only need a small capful for the entire load of sheets and pillowcases. Machine dry on low heat.

You can read up on the health benefits of silk as well.
As far as durability, silk is one of the strongest fibers on earth. They used to make parachutes and sails out of it.

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 653 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Beer.

After getting hooked on high quality German and Belgian imports, and good local craft beers, I can't bring myself to choke down the cheap domestic mass-produced horse piss made by Bud/Miller/Coors.

And underwear/undershirts.

I used to be that guy who got the jumbo pack of whatever's cheapest at Wal-Mart. But after discovering Duluth Trading, I will never subject my dangly bits to the cheap stuff again. There really is a huge difference. Well worth the seemingly steep price. Same with undershirts too. Gone are the cheap white cotton t-shirts, replaced by quality Under Armour and other synthetic shirts.

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
Cologne. Once you get a few nice ones its hard to be a "Stetson" man again.

Gotta have the good stuff Big Grin

• Motorcycle gear. Helmets, gloves, jackets, riding pants & boots. Absolutely no compromising, especially on gloves.
  • Coffee & coffeemaker. After using a Technivorm I'll never buy a Mr. Coffee or its ilk again.
  • Audio equipment & speakers. Hard hobby to go backwards on.
  • Pocket knives & kitchen knives.
  • Outerwear. Good coats/jackets keep you warm & dry but not sweaty.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard
  •  
    Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Master of one hand
    pistol shooting
    Picture of Hamden106
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    trigger jobs on revolvers. Once you've felt that smooth as glass feel, you can't go back.

A trigger job on any pistol. Even a Ruger Mark II with a trigger job is that. But try a Hammerli 208, or a 1911 with a professional target smithed trigger. At least the drop in roll set from here:
    https://kcskustomcreations.com/

I have dome my own triggers on S&W K and N frames. Quite good if you ask me. One on a 25-2 is so good it lifts 3 pounds but feels like a hair trigger. No push off either

SIGnature
    NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Go Vols!
    Picture of Oz_Shadow
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Russ59:
    quote:
    Originally posted by TexasScrub:
    Boarshead Sweet Slice and Honey Turkey vs. every other brand.

Quality deli meat for my sandwiches. I can’t swallow the water injected molded meat.

+1. About the only thing I can stand out of a blister pack anymore is the occasional Oscar Meyer bologna sandwich.

Fast internet is another biggie. Can’t imagine dial up speeds.

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of 229DAK
    posted Hide Post
    Ocean and river cruising.

Posts: 9026 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Happiness is
    Vectored Thrust
    Picture of mojojojo
    posted Hide Post
    Just a couple that popped into me head are:

Socks (running)
    Wine
    Automobiles (drove a Mazda B2600 for 12 years, then an Xterra for 14 years, now in an Audi. Wow!)

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6722 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post