SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What item once you get a taste of the luxury version, means you can't go back to the economy version?
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What item once you get a taste of the luxury version, means you can't go back to the economy version? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Blue label Vs Black

Posts: 152 | Location: west Florida | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve flown on semi private jets twice this year and twice on Southwest. I’m not one of those people that hate Southwest and I’ve never had a bad experience in over two decades. They’re great for the routes I fly. That said it’s going to be really hard next time I have to fly commercial. It’s mostly TSA related. There’s something so much more civilized showing up 20 minutes before takeoff, not getting groped, not worrying about liquids and all that nonsense, etc. and given Southwest’s non sale fares flying on the shared charter isn’t that much more. Our last trip was $9 more than SWA.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay so peace and quiet doesn’t really answer the question.
So, bourbon, scotch, cigars, and pocket knives.

Posts: 950 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
toilet paper, that is good quality and the original width. It's the only reason I keep my Costco membership.

And I thought I was the only one!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
toilet paper, that is good quality and the original width. It's the only reason I keep my Costco membership.

Gas and TP are the only things I buy at Costco any more. Winco or Amazon covers the rest.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10921 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I remember buying the wrong brand of TP at Costco years ago. Of course, with the size of those packs, it wasn’t a small mistake. Awfully cheap, though.

That’s been about the only “threat” to my marriage, all these years. It was pointed out with sufficient emphasis that it would never be repeated.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
Great guitars played through great amps. Like an ES-335 through a Fender Twin.

Great seats. After sitting in the best seats for a concert or sporting event it is tough to back to peanut heaven.

Posts: 1633 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Shoes, boots, holsters, belts are some of the things I used to buy cheap versions of but now only buy high quality.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
I didn't read all 10 pages, so sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Luxury Theater Seats. I can't go back to sitting in a regular movie theater.

Posts: 1513 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
Kerrygold butter. Never knew there was a difference.

Posts: 1537 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Flying first class.

Posts: 5301 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket72:
Kerrygold butter. Never knew there was a difference.

This is our big one. I get it from Costco where it's about half the price of the supermarket, we buy 3-4 boxes at a time and keep most of it frozen. The difference is so noticeable.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Ocean cruising.

Posts: 9036 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
Suites on cruise ships.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little late to the topic, but . . .

"SIGs of course."
-Green Highlander

They've definitely spoiled me, concerniNg pistols.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
A private golf club. And, I imagine a private gun club or range for similar reasons.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
quote:

I remember buying the wrong brand of TP at Costco years ago. Of course, with the size of those packs, it wasn’t a small mistake. Awfully cheap, though.

That’s been about the only “threat” to my marriage, all these years. It was pointed out with sufficient emphasis that it would never be repeated.

"Outright, prolonged laughter." Big Grin

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Bourbon
Beer
Motorcycles
Carving tools

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Original, Pre-Remington Parker Shotguns.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Drinking straws. Once you get used to the ones with the bendy thingy, you can never be satisfied with the non-bendy kind.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post