SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SECNAV Spencer visits Afghanistan - carries a Beretta while there...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SECNAV Spencer visits Afghanistan - carries a Beretta while there... Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted
Nice - SECNAV visits the troops over the holiday. Apparently, his USMC hosts “offered” SECNAV and everyone in his travel team a sidearm while there.

He accepted. Right fucking on - I’d want the same. For those that will wonder, SECNAV Richard Spencer was a USMC aviator 1976 - 1981, finishing up as a CAPT.

Marine Corps Times
@Marinetimes
·
Dec 28
Equipped with a sidearm, Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer visited Marines and sailors at Camp Shorab, Afghanistan, to wish them a happy holiday season. (Sgt. Lucas Hopkins/Marine Corps)

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Solid move, all-around.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
HOOAH!!!

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Looks good to me

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
You notice that everyone in the Obama administration wet their pants at the thought of guns. And everyone on the Trump train carries one.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Berettas are always good

Posts: 907 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The troops in the second and third rows are armed, but the first row seems to not be. Why is that? Captive audience? Wink

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have opted for OWB, but still a nice move.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Obummer would just mess his drawers over that.

I LOVE IT!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
The troops in the second and third rows are armed, but the first row seems to not be. Why is that? Captive audience? Wink

Look like Majors.., Not trusted with sharp things or those that go bang, too much powerpoint

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
There's people making an actual issue about this I saw today. Like its a bad thing.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
There's people making an actual issue about this I saw today. Like its a bad thing.

Does that surprise you in the slightest?
Why is it even worthy of notice?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Fuckin' A. Nice to see.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Once a Marine, always a Marine.
Semper Fi.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
The frickin libs are losing their minds over this. "oh, it makes it look like we're not sure of our security", "but he's a civilian" and "it looks bad" and a million other stupid questions as to why he has to carry a gun.
Well, hey... He's an American, and it's his fucking right. And he's in a war zone, and taking personal responsibility for his safety.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Unarmed: Officer
Armed: enlisted

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

Does that surprise you in the slightest?
Why is it even worthy of notice?

No.
I don't know?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Oh my it's nice to see the twits gnashing their teeth over this!

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4809 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
It is refreshing to see the military acting like the military since we have a new Commander in Chief.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post