SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We had one of the biggest methamphetamine busts in our history yesterday.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We had one of the biggest methamphetamine busts in our history yesterday. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
From Wikipedia -

"Fentanyl is 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine, but some fentanyl analogues, which are designed to mimic the pharmacological effects of the original drug, may be as much as 10,000 times more potent than morphine."

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
7 charged, 3 on the run

http://wlos.com/news/local/7-c...s-of-meth-and-500000

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Is the gal in position #2 Rachel Dolezal? Wink

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
20 POUNDS?

That's a lot of angry junkies and a lot of potential lives saved from becoming one.

Nice work!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Fent is wicked evil stuff. Good on you for getting that off the streets!

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Really, no. This amount is a minor hiccup in the supply chain. They expect to take this kind of hit occasionally. It's part of their cost of doing business. And the dealers busted are disposable pawns.

I bet tomorrow the junkies in the area will be able to get their fix as easily as they did last week.

quote:
Originally posted by MooneyP226:
20 POUNDS?

That's a lot of angry junkies and a lot of potential lives saved from becoming one.

Nice work!

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7 Mary 4
Picture of imprezaguy02
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Really, no. This amount is a minor hiccup in the supply chain. They expect to take this kind of hit occasionally. It's part of their cost of doing business. And the dealers busted are disposable pawns.

I bet tomorrow the junkies in the area will be able to get their fix as easily as they did last week.

quote:
20 POUNDS?

Nice work!

I think here, it will have a mild impact for at least a few weeks.

The first pictured was our top dog, but someone will fill in the void very quickly. I already know the address of where our traffic will pick back up.

Posts: 8122 | Registered: March 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
20 POUNDS?

Nice work!

In a population of a half million or more, it wouldn't be felt or noticed. In areas that have a population of a couple of hundred thousand or less, a hit like this will be felt. It will be weeks or months to set back up another distributor that has the contacts and players.

Supply of fentanyl is finite in the drug trade. This much off of the street is a hard lick on the dealers and users. Bath tub meth has all but dried up, and most of it comes in bulk out of Mexico. In more rural areas, it will have an impact. Meth users will probably have to swap their drug of choice to heroin or pills.

In the days of bathtub meth, four or five tweekers would just go buy the stuff and cook up a batch to fill the void.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I know that might have sounded dismissive. If it did, I apologize. It's just that this shit has been going on for decades, but no matter who and and how many people get busted (having walked withing yards of the jail cell where the head f the Sinaloa cartel is being held a few days ago), or how much merchandise, cash, and guns gets confiscated, the business just keeps rolling.

quote:
Originally posted by imprezaguy02:
quote:

quote:
20 POUNDS?

Nice work!

I think here, it will have a mild impact for at least a few weeks.

The first pictured was our top dog, but someone will fill in the void very quickly. I already know the address of where our traffic will pick back up.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I'm always of mixed views on things like this - I greatly appreciate the risk LEOs go to to help keep neighborhoods safe from thugs and criminals, however I also think that the "War on Drugs" is effective as the "War on Poverty".

Things like the "world's oldest profession" and other similar behaviors will never be solved with prohibition and .gov regulation.

I guess this is a philosophical discussion (libertarianism), and you're executing tactics per the law. Stay safe and watch your six.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I saw this on FB, and was thinking "Wait, he's not a cop in WV!!!!" Big Grin

We have a McDowell County, too.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
Thanks for continuing to fight the good fight.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Nice haul, props to you and your team!

All the best
Billy

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Nice job!

We had one of those multi county drug task force here. Seemed to be doing good things... making headline in the local news a few times a year etc... until they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

There SO much money involved in this crap... it really difficult to combat.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Looks like your PD picked up a few nice tactical rifles as well.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I was talking with my best friend's wife (they live in the area) earlier today, she said the locals refer to where they live as "Methdowell" county.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
So having read this thread and the shock voiced by a few at the amount of meth confiscated, I'm wondering why 200 pounds a week was required of Walter White on Breaking Bad.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I'm in the next county over, and some of the fine folks listed were ours. I'm hopeful that it'll knock a dent in the trade here for a little while, but realistically speaking probably not for long. Still a good hit.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In some states the firearms are destroyed. What happens in North Carolina? I assume after they are held for evidence are they then auctioned off?

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post