SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We had one of the biggest methamphetamine busts in our history yesterday.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We had one of the biggest methamphetamine busts in our history yesterday. Login/Join 
7 Mary 4
Picture of imprezaguy02
posted
Link

In a multi county/jurisdiction bust we seized 20lbs of methamphetamine, and $500,000 in cash, and total probably over a million in assets. If you aren't familiar with Fentanyl, the 4 ounces is apparently quite a lot.

Most money I've ever seen. Most drugs I've ever seen. It isn't a lot compared to some big city busts, but for this small town/towns... it was yuuuuuuuge.

quote:
MCDOWELL COUNTY, N.C. (WLOS) — What began as an investigation into a Nebo man’s drug activity has led local, regional, state and federal authorities to dozens of suspects in a massive narcotics conspiracy that spanned from McDowell County to California.

The case began in July 2016 with an investigation of activity at the 100 Stacy Farm Road residence of 36-year-old Jamie Leonard Tate.

A news release from the McDowell County Sheriff's Office said authorities determined that Tate and Dwayne Bullock, 35, of Newton, conspired with numerous people to traffic and distribute hundreds of pounds of methamphetamine and marijuana, as well as lesser amounts of cocaine and heroin.

Authorities on Tuesday, April 18, began rounding up suspects, raiding areas simultaneously in McDowell, Burke and Catawba counties, locations believed to be used for storing and distributing narcotics.

Seized during the raids Tuesday were about 20 pounds of methamphetamine, an estimated $500,000 in cash, more than half a pound of marijuana, up to 4 ounces of fentanyl and other small amounts of pills, as well as firearms, cell phones and vehicles.

The drug conspiracy investigation was a nine-month joint, multi-jurisdictional effort of the McDowell County Sheriff’s Office, the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation, Marion Police Department, the McDowell County District Attorney’s Office, the Burke County Sheriff’s Office, Morganton Department of Public Safety, Newton Police Department, the N.C. Highway Patrol, the U.S. Postal Service, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, the U.S. Attorney’s Office, and U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. Also providing aid at the scenes Tuesday were members of McDowell County Emergency Management, McDowell County EMS, Nebo Fire Department, N.C. Department of Revenue and N.C. Alcohol Law Enforcement.

Posts: 8122 | Registered: March 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
nice!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Well done on the Felony arrest Wink

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where's that like button.

It's amazing to see how the drug trade is moving into small town America. I live in a rural community of around 3,000 and we have had several drug busts and like this as well.

Keep up the good fight and stay safe as well.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
It sounds like it was well-coordinated and you guys did it right. It's a lot more effective that way than just busting the one small-time guy at the bottom of the food chain.

Congrats!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Damn good haul! Twenty pounds of meth is a huge amount- was there a lab involved, or were they just a hub for Mexican meth?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great job, thanks!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Fantastic job and bust!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Great work!

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Well done!

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
$500K?

Uh huh. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I'd be willing to dispose of that filthy cash for you....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
congrats! what happens to the cash? and what type of cars did they have?

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
You're all a disappointment Wink

Not a single "identify those firearms " comment yet.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7 Mary 4
Picture of imprezaguy02
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Damn good haul! Twenty pounds of meth is a huge amount- was there a lab involved, or were they just a hub for Mexican meth?

As far as I know he was getting it elsewhere but I'm not privy to that info yet. He was making things out of the Fentynal though.

quote:
congrats! what happens to the cash? and what type of cars did they have?

Once everything is said and done, the cash will be split between the agencies involved. Can be utilized for things like equipment, use in further undercover drug deals, etc. It's broken up by percentage.

He had a 3 mid class luxury cars, and two SUV's.

RHINO: I wish.. but even if I wanted to or did.. Karma always shows up to bite someone in the ass. Wouldn't ever be worth it.

Posts: 8122 | Registered: March 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Wow. 4 ounces of Fentanyl! Considering there are about 30cc per ounce, thats 120cc of the juice. It takes an average of 1-2cc's to knock you on your ass for surgery, and I can't check out more than 5cc's at a time or the DEA alarms start going off inside the pharmacists head!

As for the cash, have fun in Vegas!!!

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
We're having MAJOR O.D.s and deaths from F added to what passes for H in these parts.

Wow, I'm planning a road trip. One of those baggies of cash could keep me going for months! Cool

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The cartels have figured out how to manufacture this stuff. This works out well for them, because they don't need networks of farmers growing poppies. And gram for gram, it's much more potent. So they get much more sales per smuggled kilo.

Expect to see it become more prevalent.

quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub:
Wow. 4 ounces of Fentanyl! Considering there are about 30cc per ounce, thats 120cc of the juice. It takes an average of 1-2cc's to knock you on your ass for surgery, and I can't check out more than 5cc's at a time or the DEA alarms start going off inside the pharmacists head!

As for the cash, have fun in Vegas!!!

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imprezaguy02:

RHINO: I wish.. but even if I wanted to or did.. Karma always shows up to bite someone in the ass. Wouldn't ever be worth it.
Lol, I know the deal, but it was just too good an opportunity not to post and jab. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone is getting new cop cars Big Grin
woo hoo

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post