SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Roger Ailes has passed away
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roger Ailes has passed away Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is this supposed to be a joke?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I don't know, just saw a post on Twitter about it and it's the headline on Drudge.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
I don't know
That's how these rumors get started. This information may be correct, but we should make sure we have it right before we post.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Washington Examiner is now reporting it.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Breaking News: Former Fox News chairman and CEO Roger Ailes has died, his family announced.
https://twitter.com/FoxNews?re...serp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Washington Post:

Roger Ailes Dead

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
It's too bad that his long, successful career ended the way it did so soon before his life ended. He died a troubled man.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
I don't know
That's how these rumors get started. This information may be correct, but we should make sure we have it right before we post.

What?!?! And possibly lose out on being the first to post it to SF?!?!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Seems another example of extreme stress having the ability to push us over the edge if we are even remotely close to begin with.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Seems another example of extreme stress having the ability to push us over the edge if we are even remotely close to begin with.

Stress can have a huge impact on your health for sure - I've seen that in my own life. Very glad to be in a much less stressful situation for the past 10 years or so.

- John Adams

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
It was on fox with Hannity calling in to discuss.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Rush Limbaugh knew Ailes very well, and, apparently, on his show today he talked about Roger. I read the transcript online, and this is a snippet of it that gives you a sense of the whole:

"There is, as we speak — and there has been for the past year — a barrage of slander and libel aimed at Roger by pissants, who will never accomplish even 5% of what he did. These are people that did not know him, that prejudged him, that were jealous. People who were envious, and people who felt the need to take down a serious enemy who threatened what they consider to be to be their rightful hold on the media, on America, or what have you. Some of the things being said just today about Roger Ailes are absolutely untrue."

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/d...-roger-ailes-i-knew/

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post