SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Seattle Mayor Ed Murray resigns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seattle Mayor Ed Murray resigns Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
So it had to take a 5th victim for Murray to resign? Mad

By the way, interesting Fox doesn't mention the (d) until almost end of the article.

quote:
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray has announced plans to resign following multiple accusations of sexual abuse after a fifth accuser -- who is the mayor's younger cousin -- came forward and alleged that Murray repeatedly molested him in the 1970s.

Murray, 62, announced Tuesday that he will step down effective 5 p.m. Wednesday.

The mayor had already said that he wouldn't seek a second term.

Accuser Joseph Dyer, who is a dialysis technician and Air Force veteran, says the molestation occurred in New York when he was a teen, according to The Seattle Times.

The 54-year-old Dyer — Murray's first cousin once removed — told the newspaper that he wants the mayor punished for the alleged actions, saying, "I have had enough. ... Something has got to be done."

Murray has denied the accusation, attributing it to a longstanding family schism.

"While the allegations against me are not true, it is important that my personal issues do not affect the ability of our City government to conduct the public's business," the mayor said in a statement.

Dyer reportedly said the incidents occurred when he was 13, while Murray, who was then in his early 20s, shared a bedroom with Dyer in his mother’s Long Island home.

"There would be times when I would fake sleeping because I didn't want him touching me," Dyer told the newspaper.

Four men had previously accused Murray of sexually abusing them. Murray has denied all of the allegations.

Before being elected mayor in 2013, Murray was a long-time Democrat state lawmaker who led the campaign to legalize same-sex marriage in Washington state.

As mayor, Murray pushed to raise the city's minimum hourly wage to $15.

"To the people of this special city and to my dedicated staff, I am sorry for this painful situation," Murray said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ns-sexual-abuse.html

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I think most politicians, especially in DC, are Black mail targets on a regular basis...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8342 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
I think most politicians, especially in DC, are Black mail targets on a regular basis...

Only if you're doing truly fucked up shit, like kid diddling or murder. History has shown you can smoke crack, fuck whores on the taxpayers' dime, write bad checks, and all manner of fairly bad things before its truly a problem that results in a loss of office.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

Most politicians richly deserve it.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a long running seamy underside to seattle and it's politics. This stuff is sort of swept away and forgotten but it comes to the surface every so often because it's aways there.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Good F'ing riddance. Can't stand that SOB.

Posts: 3250 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
What a jerk.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10900 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
There's a long running seamy underside to seattle and it's politics. This stuff is sort of swept away and forgotten but it comes to the surface every so often because it's aways there.

True that.
Politicians are more likely to be sociopaths than the general population and sociopaths are more likely to be sexual predators.

No class but the political class can sound more honest and genuine whilst lying through their teeth than a career politician. Another key characteristic of the sociopath.

Silent

Posts: 1024 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
So it had to take a 5th victim for Murray to resign? Mad

and only after he announced his resignation did any council members or candidates for the fall election demand his resignation. Crusaders all. fighting the good fight. It's why they want to take leadership and make a difference.

I suppose when I grow older I'll get used to this shit...oops too late.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Wait a second, isn't it the left that believes no one should dare question the claims of someone who says they have been sexually assaulted?

Why is it different when it is a left wing liberal who the claim is made against?

First it was a right wing conspiracy to sully his reputation with campaign season starting, then it was a poor, confused, drug addled opportunist, now it is a “family rift”. Lots of convenient excuses...

Just ignore the actual documented history of accusations and his involvement with the Catholic Church youth programs (no child abuse there right?). The findings of investigators in Portland, etc.

Yup, just one big grand conspiracy stretching across the country for decades, a master plan of people with no association among each other to tear the poor man down.

Poor guy....

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10927 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post