SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What does everyone like for bed sheets?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What does everyone like for bed sheets? Login/Join 
Shit don't
mean shit
posted
I don't know why, but I am very hard on bed sheets. After a year or so they will develop a hole in the fitted sheet. It takes a few days for the hole to get much, much bigger. This pisses SWMBO off to no end. The last 2 years she has bought us sheets for Fathers Day (which is fine, I don't care).

She's convinced I don't trim my toe nails enough and that is what is causing the holes. Eek

Maybe she's right, I don't know.

She claims she is buying top shelf sheets that I am destroying. Any suggestions? They don't have to be fancy, or super soft, they just have to last at least 1 year.

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Two years and four months ago I acquired two Macy's Hotel Collection fitted sheets. Sheet A and Sheet B are used in sequence and rotated every other use.

E.G., label bottom right for sheet A & B, then label top left for sheet A & B. First I used a calendar for this inane procedure, but now do it naturally. This idea came from a BBC program when the head housekeeper chided another for not "rotating the linens".

My last sheets, the label was always bottom left from habit, which may have hastened the ripping. On my side.

Also, at the advice of this forum, I keep my horns clipped, as well as maintain a semblance of smoothing thick sharp callus which develops on the side and heel of me feet.

The sheets are as good as the day I bought them. Except they have lost that neat insecticide smell and factory crispness (more chemicals) new sheets enjoy.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
Flannel is my favorite. Very comfy and soft.

Unfortunately the ones I buy are currently unavailable
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...ilpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.costco.com/Kirklan...oduct.100070103.html

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kadin:
Flannel is my favorite. Very comfy and soft.

Same here. The only sheets on my beds have been flannel for probably the past 15 years.

Don't know the brand, but I get them at Bed Bath and Beyond. They've been great and last several years each.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My wife and I grabbed this set from a lightning deal on Amazon very recently and so far absolutely love them. For $30 you can't go wrong.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D...r_apap_obvAiYzJjxvFq]Mellanni Bed Sheet Set - HIGHEST QUALITY Brushed Microfiber 1800 Bedding - Wrinkle, Fade, Stain Resistant - Hypoallergenic - 4 Piece (King, Yellow)

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
E.G., label bottom right for sheet A & B, then label top left for sheet A & B. First I used a calendar for this inane procedure, but now do it naturally. This idea came from a BBC program when the head housekeeper chided another for not "rotating the linens".

Funny you mention this. My wife has this odd habit where all of the sheets have to go the exact same way, every single time. She notes where the tag is, and the sheet can go on no other way. When I make fun of this practice, she replies that she doesn't want my "toe sheet" near her head! Roll Eyes She also tracks the pillow cases, and I am not allowed to use "her's".

I keep telling her the sheets would last longer if we rotated the way they are oriented. I lost that argument.

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Target has some real good ones. Very impressed with the comfort and quality.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:

She's convinced I don't trim my toe nails enough and that is what is causing the holes. Eek

Nope! I got your 6 on this LOL! Quite the opposite.
Unless you file you nails to smooth the edges after cutting, they have effectively been sharpened!

So either start filing them smooth, or stop cutting them and they will wear smooth!

Now if you do decide trying filing them, and want to avoid a hit on your man card, it will require the use of a power tool. Big Grin

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:

Unless you file you nails to smooth the edges after cutting, they have effectively been sharpened!

So either start filing them smooth, or stop cutting them and they will wear smooth!

Now if you do decide trying filing them, and want to avoid a hit on your man card, it will require the use of a power tool. Big Grin

Just go down down to the local Chinese pedicure salon and get a pedicure with a happy ending.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flannel only for me. I sleep cold. In winter, they are under a Polarfleece blanket. In summer, just the flannel as a light blanket.
L.L. Bean has nice ones. Pricy but lifetime, no questions warranty.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
We have been using bamboo sheets for the last several years, Cariloha is the brand.

We have a California King bed so there is no way to buy sheets locally. My wife orders these. Very comfy.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
My wife and I grabbed this set from a lightning deal on Amazon very recently and so far absolutely love them. For $30 you can't go wrong.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D...r_apap_obvAiYzJjxvFq]Mellanni Bed Sheet Set - HIGHEST QUALITY Brushed Microfiber 1800 Bedding - Wrinkle, Fade, Stain Resistant - Hypoallergenic - 4 Piece (King, Yellow)

I am sure you are happy with them, but just so you know I saw something, I think on here, or YouTube. They said that it was impossible to actually fit 1800 threads in the required space for testing, I think 1"x1". They said they counted the individual strands in the thread itself, x number of threads per strand = silly high thread count.

I can't recommend any specific brand, so no real good answer to your question.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Bed Bath beyond has a ridiculous return policy and will take almost anything back. Even two year old sheets with tears. I know this because my sister in law bought one set of sheets and has been exchanging that same set, for free, for years, for a new set whenever she wants new sheets. She essentially has a lifetime supply of fresh new sheets. Roll Eyes

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

I am sure you are happy with them, but just so you know I saw something, I think on here, or YouTube. They said that it was impossible to actually fit 1800 threads in the required space for testing, I think 1"x1". They said they counted the individual strands in the thread itself, x number of threads per strand = silly high thread count.

I can't recommend any specific brand, so no real good answer to your question.

I'm aware of that; I saw the same thread. Whatever the case, I don't believe these sheets are claiming to be an 1800 thread count. If they are that's obviously ridiculous. But it's a microfiber which really doesn't have a standard thread count. Anyway, who cares? I paid $24 for the whole set. $24 and they're the softest sheets I've ever owned.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have multiple types, regular sheets, flannel sheets and fleece.

As the weather changes, so does the sheets. You can't beat a set of fleece sheets in the middle of Winter.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Maybe you should wear socks to bed.

Posts: 26894 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Condoms for your toes? Winter time, fleece sheets. I have same issue. I think part of the problem is I don't always sleep good. Toss and turn. Even been known to dig the wife. Bad!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1126 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:

Just go down down to the local Chinese pedicure salon and get a pedicure with a happy ending.

Linky?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post