SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 Flu Shot: Got yours? How about after effects?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Flu Shot: Got yours? How about after effects? Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Yes- none observed

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very interesting discussion on the side effects and actual effectiveness of the flu vaccine.

Posts: 12672 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got it on Saturday and I am still over weight!

Posts: 194 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Haven't had one in years and I have no plans to get one in the future!

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Got mine a couple of weeks ago and promptly forgot all about it; zero side effects and no soreness.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
My wife gets one every year and has never had an issue until this year. She ended up with a fever for around 36 hours. Very strange...

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I got my flu shot today.
The worse side effect so far is reading Sig Forum .:-)

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
I got my flu shot today.
The worse side effect so far is reading Sig Forum .:-)

Doh!

Got the shot a few weeks ago in the afternoon. No issues with the injection site. I didn't have my normal performance in the following morning's workout -- felt a little lethargic on the bicycle, didn't push as much iron around. But I was fine all day at the office.

The following day was a heavy work day at the family ranch -- no issues.

Posts: 7871 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Ill pass. Don’t really want to inject the flu in me.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
For many years it was a requirement of the military active and reserve so I got in the habit. No adverse effects ever. I am convinced it has kept me from getting the flu. Plus if you go to Publix for the shot they give you a $10 gift card.

Now for the Wu-Flu vaccine....

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Got mine last month when they first came out. No adverse effects were experienced.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I got mine a month ago. As usual, no side effects for me other than slight soreness at the injection site for a day.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Sore shoulder two days. Nothing more, even with high dose Fluzone.

^^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
... has never had an issue until this year. She ended up with a fever for around 36 hours. Very strange...
Same here.

Aches exhaustion fatigue for 48 hours. Add in nausea heebie-jeebies fever for 12 hours at the tail end. Pharmacist Dan said it was "something else", as effects do not last more than a day. Okay, Dan.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Non here, but my DR-reccommended pneumonia vaccine made my injection arm sore for like 4 days.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
Flu shot in the right arm, tetanus shot in the left. No side effects from either except my left shoulder hurt like a bitch for a couple days.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Very interesting discussion on the side effects and actual effectiveness of the flu vaccine.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gDhv-MzHlHo" width="640"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Very good discussion, thanks for including that.

Posts: 2365 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
My wife & I got ours earlier this month. We both noticed a slight headache & feeling not quite 100% for a day.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Yes along with my 1st Shingrix. The Shingrix left me with a sore shoulder for days.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got mine yesterday, shoulder a tiny bit sore today. I figure what's the worst that could happen by injecting some chinese poison in my body.

Posts: 418 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post