SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 Flu Shot: Got yours? How about after effects?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Flu Shot: Got yours? How about after effects? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
yes.

none.

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Sore arm for 2 days, that was it. Of course the soreness for 2 days may be directly related to a vengeful charge nurse...

Were you required to get it? Your business exposes you to sick people all the time.

Yep, we're required to get them.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I've been getting flu shots fairly regularly for over thirty years. other than a few times that I felt feverish for a couple days after, it's been just a tender shoulder for a couple days.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I got annual flu shots for many, many, years. My last one was in mid-October, 2016.

Six weeks later I got hit hard by Guillain Barré Syndrome. Hospitalized for over a week, IV steroids, IVIG transfusions, several months of physical therapy trying to regain strength and mobility. Three years ago and I still have not recovered 100%.

My primary care doc (I had the flu shot in his office) tells me that in extremely rare cases, a person's immune system, activated by the flu shot, goes totally bonkers and attacks the nervous system, which apparently is what happened to me.

The doc has put most vaccinations (flu, pneumonia, shingles) on my forbidden list.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
An interesting counterpoint to my experience.

Posts: 611 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the hi dose version. No symptoms other than some bruising on my arm at the injection site.

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
No effects whatsoever.

Shingrix kicked my ass 2 weeks prior to taking the flu shot, so may have just not even noticed.
But really shingrix only bothered me for about 2 days. So really wasn't still impacting me when I took the flu shot.

I've never had a reaction to a flu shot.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I got annual flu shots for many, many, years. My last one was in mid-October, 2016.

Six weeks later I got hit hard by Guillain Barré Syndrome. Hospitalized for over a week, IV steroids, IVIG transfusions, several months of physical therapy trying to regain strength and mobility. Three years ago and I still have not recovered 100%.

My primary care doc (I had the flu shot in his office) tells me that in extremely rare cases, a person's immune system, activated by the flu shot, goes totally bonkers and attacks the nervous system, which apparently is what happened to me.

The doc has put most vaccinations (flu, pneumonia, shingles) on my forbidden list.

When I was a child, one of the regular child vaccinations 'almost killed me due to an adverse reaction' according to my doctor. He said I should avoid all vaccinations from then on.

Posts: 2360 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
No, always get the flu when I get the shot, yeah I know that's impossible, doesn't happen virus isn't live

However no shot no flu..... I'll go with the results not the wikinotes..

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Got mine at 0530 today.

No side effects as of yet, nor any pain at the injection site.
Of course, me being on almost 2.5gms of Duexis daily has probably helped.

Only had malaise 1 time which I attributed to me getting a flu shot, and that was about a decade ago.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
I haven't had mine yet this year. Got one last year, and it knocked my ass in the dirt. Never had that happen in all the years I've been getting flu shots. I was down for 3-4 days. Felt like I got kicked in the arm by a horse.

I'll probably get one this year, but I'll be giving it the side-glance as it goes in.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Got it last week. No effects - hardly felt the shot itself. Smile

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Got mine last Friday. Area swelled up for a couple days and my arm was sore for same. Rather put up with the soreness than have a bad case of the flu. Years I haven't gotten the shot I usually get the flu. Working in a school system you get exposed to every cold and virus that the kids get.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Sore arm for 2 days, that was it. Of course the soreness for 2 days may be directly related to a vengeful charge nurse...

Were you required to get it? Your business exposes you to sick people all the time.

Yep, we're required to get them.

There have been successful lawsuits by nurses against these policies.

Forced medical procedures were banned back in 1946 in a small town in Germany.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Got mine on Oct. 1st at the VA clinic in Lowell, MA. Not only was the nurse very good at giving a completely painless shot, she was good lookin' too. No aftershocks for me either.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2407 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
shot last week. no aftereffects. almost forgot about the bandaid.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Got mine a 2 weeks ago. Never felt it going in and absolutely no soreness or side effects. Wife got one too and also no problems. Last year, my arm hurt like hell for a few days, but not side effects. Also no flu, while SIL how refuses to get a shot was down for 4-5 days.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Just got mine this afternoon. More importantly, I got a glitter band aid. Yeah, it hurts a little when I think about it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
So it would appear the flu shot may have gotten me.
Past couple days have just felt blah. Headache, body aches, neck is stiff, not really hungry, a little nauseous, and tired.
Not debilitating just bothersome.

I have never gotten one before and never had the flu. Guess I was tired of pressing my luck. Not really concerned about myself but am around folks that are much more vulnerable to serious ramifications from the flu so guess I did it more for them.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Talk about hitting the lottery. As you well know GBS is typically linked to other triggers like subsequent to an infectious disease, not a vaccination, and we still don't know what actually causes it.

Hope you are continuing to improve.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post