SIGforum
2019 Flu Shot: Got yours? How about after effects?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6360038164

October 09, 2019, 09:57 PM
CQB60
2019 Flu Shot: Got yours? How about after effects?
Yes- none observed

October 26, 2020, 09:13 PM
wcb6092
Very interesting discussion on the side effects and actual effectiveness of the flu vaccine.

October 26, 2020, 09:52 PM
stuffgeek
Got it on Saturday and I am still over weight!
October 26, 2020, 09:53 PM
archerman
Haven't had one in years and I have no plans to get one in the future!

Archerman
October 26, 2020, 09:59 PM
Redleg06
Got mine a couple of weeks ago and promptly forgot all about it; zero side effects and no soreness.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"
October 26, 2020, 10:01 PM
sig77
My wife gets one every year and has never had an issue until this year. She ended up with a fever for around 36 hours. Very strange...

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.
October 26, 2020, 10:20 PM
Sunset_Va
I got my flu shot today.
The worse side effect so far is reading Sig Forum .:-)

美しい犬
October 26, 2020, 10:45 PM
fritz
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
I got my flu shot today.
The worse side effect so far is reading Sig Forum .:-)

Doh!

Got the shot a few weeks ago in the afternoon. No issues with the injection site. I didn't have my normal performance in the following morning's workout -- felt a little lethargic on the bicycle, didn't push as much iron around. But I was fine all day at the office.

The following day was a heavy work day at the family ranch -- no issues.
October 26, 2020, 11:54 PM
ruger357
Ill pass. Don’t really want to inject the flu in me.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
October 27, 2020, 06:13 AM
HayesGreener
For many years it was a requirement of the military active and reserve so I got in the habit. No adverse effects ever. I am convinced it has kept me from getting the flu. Plus if you go to Publix for the shot they give you a $10 gift card.

Now for the Wu-Flu vaccine....

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
October 27, 2020, 06:23 AM
ugeesta
Got mine last month when they first came out. No adverse effects were experienced.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.
October 27, 2020, 06:39 AM
WaterburyBob
I got mine a month ago. As usual, no side effects for me other than slight soreness at the injection site for a day.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards
October 27, 2020, 06:46 AM
tleddy
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Sore shoulder two days. Nothing more, even with high dose Fluzone.

^^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^

No quarter
.308/.223
October 27, 2020, 07:05 AM
Woodman
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
... has never had an issue until this year. She ended up with a fever for around 36 hours. Very strange...
Same here.

Aches exhaustion fatigue for 48 hours. Add in nausea heebie-jeebies fever for 12 hours at the tail end. Pharmacist Dan said it was "something else", as effects do not last more than a day. Okay, Dan.
October 27, 2020, 07:12 AM
Jimbo Jones
Non here, but my DR-reccommended pneumonia vaccine made my injection arm sore for like 4 days.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.
October 27, 2020, 07:44 AM
sandman76
Flu shot in the right arm, tetanus shot in the left. No side effects from either except my left shoulder hurt like a bitch for a couple days.

October 27, 2020, 07:48 AM
bryan11
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Very interesting discussion on the side effects and actual effectiveness of the flu vaccine.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gDhv-MzHlHo" width="640"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Very good discussion, thanks for including that.
October 27, 2020, 07:53 AM
Ironbutt
My wife & I got ours earlier this month. We both noticed a slight headache & feeling not quite 100% for a day.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell
October 27, 2020, 07:53 AM
liner
Yes along with my 1st Shingrix. The Shingrix left me with a sore shoulder for days.
October 27, 2020, 09:31 AM
Calif Phil
Got mine yesterday, shoulder a tiny bit sore today. I figure what's the worst that could happen by injecting some chinese poison in my body.