SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What money belt does the Sig brain trust like?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What money belt does the Sig brain trust like? Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted
I'll be taking a vacation to Africa next year (hopefully!) and I'd like to get a money belt to help carry our cash. I would think one 1.75" wide or so might allow me to carry more than the standard width belt but I'm open to suggestions.

What do you reccomend?
Thanks!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I've had a money belt for 15 years which means its too old to buy now. However, the one attribute that I like about it is that it has a plastic zipper so it won't set off metal detectors. I have pre-check so I go through metal detectors not the full body scan pervert machines.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I bought a very nice one from Cabelas. I've warn it for the last 2 winters with 6,000 pesos in it and it works perfectly.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
The Wilderness makes them. You can choose from their options of width, stitching and buckles to configure it how to best suit your needs.

All of their stuff is very well-made.

Link.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
Before you buy a belt, check out the "Lewis N. Clark RFID-Blocking Hidden Travel Belt Wallet" on Amazon. It is a zippered rectangle that hangs IWB suspended by two loops from your belt. It cost $8.99. I found it very comfortable, secure, and easy to access valuables during two overseas trips.

Posts: 1265 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Before you go for a money belt, I would recommend an IWB cloth container that will also hold your passport and hotel key card. I went all through Europe and Russia with a billion ruble's in my shorts, and was never found out.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
Before you go for a money belt, I would recommend an IWB cloth container that will also hold your passport and hotel key card. I went all through Europe and Russia with a billion ruble's in my shorts, and was never found out.

H&K-Guy

Why did you have nearly two million US$ on you? That is one million pieces of paper if you had in in 1,000 ruble notes. You must have the biggest belt ever created.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
they all know you have a money belt

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:

H&K-Guy

Why did you have nearly two million US$ on you? That is one million pieces of paper if you had in in 1,000 ruble notes. You must have the biggest belt ever created.

Ok, ok, it was more like a million. But still the IWB was the way to go.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you must, Eagle Creek has a very good assortment.

I'm partial to pants with zippers when traveling abroad.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post