SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man who won’t be ‘bullied’ by Comcast holds up neighborhood internet upgrade
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man who won’t be ‘bullied’ by Comcast holds up neighborhood internet upgrade Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
When I lived in Dayton, Dayton Power & Leech had an easement across the back of my property to maintain overhead power lines.
On day, a large crew of contractors (Asplund) showed up and went medieval on my trees. A couple of trees never recovered and later died.
My attorney told me to forget going after them.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
My attorney told me to forget going after them.

Sounds like a good attorney. You gotta love the guys that will lay out your options, but don’t blow smoke about your chances. A good local attorney often says, “We can talk about what is right or we can talk about what can reasonably expect to get done, your choice.”

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
O’Connor has been on the city council and is running for a County position. He has a number of quotes and has started a lawsuit. He’s against oil and gas production

“I wouldn’t have a problem with a sniper shooting one of the workers” at a well site. Denver TV news station 9News ran two segments on the letter.”

“O’Connor responded by calling Law-Evans a “moron” and he even compared her to a dog. “We have a blue heeler in the backyard and I swear that Einstein is smarter than Liz,” O’Connor said.”

“someone like Andrew O’Connor,” who is a “fringe environmental activist who wants to completely eliminate oil and gas development, not just change the way it is regulated.”

“She pointed to the April letter to the editor, which as initially published, stated that, "if the oil and gas industry puts fracking wells in our neighborhoods, threatening our lives and our children's lives, then don't we have a moral responsibility to blow up wells and eliminate fracking and workers?"

In his lawsuit, O'Connor said he was "asking a philosophical question" with that last line of his letter.”

Readin* his comments I found:
“I looked at the plot map, and they have no record of a (Comcast) easement anywhere,” O’Connor said.“

Having read parcel maps a good deal, he’s quibbling. The city has easement and access to his property. As Comcast authorized by the city, then can do the upgrade. A parcel map won’t list Comcast but will show city easements.
Best guess is there’s a above ground junction box that needs to be worked on.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What the hell. He sounds colorful and who doesn't have issues with companies like Comcast. The sniper comment was pretty good, I guess they did not take that seriously. Nice change of pace for political figures. Of course no one could rival Huey P. Long, the nemesis of Standard Oil.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Not sure what property laws are like there but I'll tell you what happened to me about 10 years ago.

To set this up I live in a neighborhood where homes butt up back yard to back yard. Every back yard is surrounded by a chain link fence. Most have a gate that aligns with the back of the house. The poles with power, phone, and cable run along the back fence line, in my case on the neighbors property. Clearly an easement exists here. If you have a garage it is a separate building behind the house.

One day I get home from work and find the driveway gate standing open, not how I left it although it wasn't locked. As I back into the garage I see that someone had turned a vehicle several times leaving a lot of rubber. There were also clearly dual rear tire tracks in the back yard lawn. The privacy fence along the back of the property was damaged in several places.

I was never able to find out what utility felt the need to back a truck into my back yard and damage my yard and fence. No one had any record of it. Big surprise. If that happened to him I can see why he told them to go to hell about coming onto his property.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have Comcast in our Apartment complex. More than a few residents had new cable hookup or disconnect, for whatever reason.

Comcast tech comes in to install/disconnect cable and then leaves the large plastic covers OFF the terminal connection bank, then departs.

We then get two days of heavy rain resulting in cable reception for dozens of customers is down and Comcast won't refund any monies.

Apartment complex management is pissed.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
COMCAST.
Let’s hurry and install that shit so it can start failing!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post