SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    School me on side-by-sides please
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

School me on side-by-sides please Login/Join 
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Was doing some research and came across the Textron Wildcat XX. Looks like a decent machine. I guess Textron bought Arctic Cat a while back and revamped the Wildcat.

Anyone seen one of these? They say it rides like a RZR and better then the Talon and the cab is a little wider than both. I like the big storage area in the back. While a sport SxS, it may pass for the hunting tool as well.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
Am I the only one that read the thread title and immediately thought, "skip the side-by-side and go with an over/under?"

That's exactly what I thought....

Me too. I was thinking Ruger Red Label. Smile

Jim

LOL.

Yup...me too....I was thinking...why isn't this thread in the Rifle Room? FWIW, The new CZ is interesting as a SxS but Beretta is my go to for O/U.

I like the used jeep idea depending upon usage.
The new Roxor looks great if you have the money to burn for a farm/ranch/plantation minder. If use is for hunting, I believe i would go for a purpose built rig.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
That Roxor with the jeep style body looks great, unless I was racing across sand dunes and needed massive suspension travel Think that would be the one I'd get..

At least ya'd look og Jeep...

https://www.roxoroffroad.com/

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
What should I look for? What should I avoid?

Trees, and trees.

quote:
Problem there began when the machines got too fast.

I have no experience from a which should be purchased standpoint, but it's worth pointing out that people sometimes tend to abandon common sense when using these things.

I know several people who have been in accidents in these and it's almost always over confident operator error. Trees seem to be the most common factor. One of my friend's teenage son had a 3" limb impale his thigh when he wrecked. I was at a customer's house the other day that had one that was only a few days old with the passenger front suspension ripped off. Also a tree.

Be careful letting inexperienced people operate them, and be careful yourself until you've gotten a good feel for it.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigolicious:

I am currently in negotiations for a new 2018 Kubota XG-850 Sidekick. It is considered a "crossover" UTV, or as Kubota calls it and RTV (Rough Terrain Vehicle). Considering what you get from a manufacturer that I beleive to be extremely reliable, the XG-850 at 12,849 MSPR base model price seems a steal to me compared to other brands. With the exception of Honda's shaft drive, I found my comparison of the XG-850 to other work/sport UTVs has the Orange machine head and shoulders above for price to value. Also of note is the motor for the Kubota gas models is made by Subaru, another Japanese Co that is noted for reliability.

My current negotiations is the price for a 2018 machine should be pretty good since it's been on the lot for a while and the dealer admits he cant move them in this area VS the sport machines which are more popular.....

I like Kubota's Sidekick, it's somewhat similar to the Mule Pro MX LE I eventually bought as far as heavy duty build, size, power, speed, etc. Both had about the same msrp but I ended up with a better price on the Mule. One thing I didn't like about the Sidekick is how abrupt the clutch or probably CVY engaged. For instance trying to pull it up close to the front of a trailer, or in the garage trying to inch it up close to the tractor, it was so jerky I don't think it could be done. Either you don't move at all, or lurch forward a foot, there's no in-between. A guy on a tractor forum has a Sidekick and he has that problem so I don't think it's just a fluke. After he gets it in his garage he has to put it in neutral and push it where he wants it. The Polaris Ranger I had previous was a little like this too but for whatever reason the abrupt engagement was worse on the Sidekick. So at least be cognizant of this issue when you test drive the one you're looking at.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7040 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post