SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My knuckle was cut into the bone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My knuckle was cut into the bone Login/Join 
posted
I know better, but I put my new Gentleman's pocket knife where I carried the old one. The difference is the new one is a Benchmade Auto 2" Impel. Reaching for my keys the factory sharp unused knife had come open & I sliced my knuckle into the bone. The lock was probably left open & keys pressed the button. I sometimes carry an unsheathed Mini Infidel in my back pocket (by itself) and now I am imagining it thrusting into my buttock.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I did the same cutting open a wheelchair box... But I grabbed a wad of 4x4's and a good J & J tape, wrapped hard with strong compression to stop the blood flow.
Later applied Vashe wound cleaner, Manuka Med usa, Medical honey , nonstick adaptic dressing and more compression tape.
It should have been stitched, but you could never find the scar.

He he he, helps to have an entire Medical store at your fingertips, too....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8342 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I happened to be at a hospital at the time. Grabbed a paper towel from the bathroom & found the nearest open room to ask for a bandaid. Two nice ladies in Physical Therapy fixed me up nicely as my hand looked like the Mummy's hand when they were done. They suggested I go to the emergency room. I said "for $800 I can handle a scar" & my cost was $0.

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
On a related note, how do you like the mini infidel? I've been eyeing that knife for some time.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can not imagine a better self defense knife than the mini infidel. Instant opening with a larger finger guard than other brands.

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Do I turn in my man card if the sight of blood makes me light headed? Razz

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sounds rather painful! Get well soon. And please report back (no pics please) if your mini runs thru your cheeks, as feared!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
I can not imagine a better self defense knife than the mini infidel. Instant opening with a larger finger guard than other brands.

Preach on partner...the infidel was made to protect and serve.

Posts: 90 | Registered: December 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
My mini is my daily carry. And I have plenty of choices.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just be sure to clean the wound out really well - lots of nasty bugs around these days

--------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post