SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Watch Winder?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watch Winder? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
I have an inexpensive Diplomat watch winder. Works just fine, but one problem: The thingy (that's a technical term) that holds the watch is not made for slender wrists.

I can just about fit my watch on it, but it is way too big for my wife's watch. Hers won't fit.

I need to find a winder, or maybe a watch holder thingy for the Diplomat winder, that will hold a watch that has a band for a woman's slender wrist.

Can anybody here point me in the right direction? Google did not give me any useful information. Besides, the people here know way more than Google knows. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Can't help with that, but how important is a watch winder? Will it hurt an auto to sit for a week, month, year without movement?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Can't help with that, but how important is a watch winder? Will it hurt an auto to sit for a week, month, year without movement?
I have been led to believe that it is A Good Thing to keep the watch running.

Also, it's a PITA to set time and date every time if the watch has run down.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I have seen people use round pool noodles to make watch holders for watch boxes. You can trim it to fit the watch then trim it to fit the winder.
As far as the good or bad of using a watch winder, that is like asking on the internet what is the best round for self defense. It will always start an interesting discussion.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I have a Wolf 4.1 Winder.

Used it for my Rolex and Tudor, both are gone now and don't have a current auto; but keeping the winder for future use.

It worked well and I liked how it looked.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
I have a Wolf 4.1 Winder.

Used it for my Rolex and Tudor, both are gone now and don't have a current auto; but keeping the winder for future use.

It worked well and I liked how it looked.
Will the watch holder thingy accommodate a very small size watch band? The Diplomat that I have is NOT made for slender wrists, like my wife has.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Stay away from the Brookstone winders. They are fine for the watches and can be programmed to rotate for many different movements but I have found them to be very unreliable over the years. My current 4 watch winder from them has one motor that works when it feels like it and it's only a year and a half old.

Personally, I like to be able to grab the watch I want and know that it's set and ready to go when I'm hurrying out the door. When you wear one of a number of mechanical watches every day, setting them quickly becomes a hassle. Also, the constant motion of the watch mechanism keeps the lubricant where it should be up on the gears and works and not pooling in one area of the watch. You'll go longer between overalls with a watch that is regularly wound.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will the watch holder thingy accommodate a very small size watch band? The Diplomat that I have is NOT made for slender wrists, like my wife has.

V-Tail, its hard to say. Mine worked with my bands that are sized for my 7" wrist. Might work with a little smaller band, but not much smaller.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
Google watch pillows
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=U...f=pd_sl_46whrph6om_e

https://www.gemsondisplay.com/...t%2Fwatch%20displays

Find one you like and matches, stuff it in slot if it has one.

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1139 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Orbita makes watch pillows of various thickness that fit into the winder's cup to hold the watch. The standard pillow holds my watches (sized to approximately a 7.25" wrist), while my wife's watches sized to her tiny wrist are held nicely by the small size pillow.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
hray and ShneaSIG have both referenced "watch pillows." Thank you, gentlemen -- this is the first time that I have been aware of these. I looks as if that might be the answer.

The Diplomat watch winder that I have, uses a spring-loaded plastic assembly to hold the watch. Compress the thing, slip the watch around it, then release it and the spring causes the thing to expand, holding the watch firmly. Problem is, my wife's watchband, sized for her slender wrist, is too small to slip over the watch holder.

It looks as if these pillows might work. I'll place an order with Amazon. Thank you.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים