SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    True Temper Wheelbarrow Parts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

True Temper Wheelbarrow Parts Login/Join 
Picture of Hobbs
posted
Purchased a True Temper Silver Max (C6STGLW25) 6 cu. ft. wheelbarrow about 10 years ago from Lowe's. The bracket down in front of the wheel that attaches to the handles has rusted through. Called True Temper ...

Me: Hi, I'm calling about parts availability for a wheelbarrow.

Gal: We don't sell parts direct to the public. If it's not a warranty issue, contact who the item was purchased from and if they don't have the part, they can order it from us.

Me: Okay ... can you give me a part number?

Gal: Sure

Me: (provided model#, where and when purchased) When you stand the wheel barrow up on the wheel end, the bracket I need is the only part of the wheelbarrow touching the ground.

Gal: There is a "Wheel Guard" that attaches to the handles.

Me: That's it.

Gal: We can send that to you. Please allow 7-10 days.

Me: (gives mail info) Thank you very much !!! Have a Great day, bye.

So, a shout out for True Temper. The wheelbarrow has a 15 year warranty but I don't still have a receipt from 10-12 years ago when purchased from Lowe's. Maybe I got the right gal on the phone or called at the right time, but it's a WIN !!!

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I bought a 2 wheel wheelbarrow from them this spring and the plastic bin cracked after just 2 uses. I contacted them and they sent me a new one free after I sent pictures. Good customer service.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12420 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I had a marvelous short story compiled about my own wheel barrow collection.

One is the double wheeled Maroon & Grey True Temper model, going on 10 years old; very stable & easy for geezerChores as it doesn't fall over & the tub, while dented from firewood, is in the 'barely thick enough to not fail badly and turn into scrap' phase;

One is a plastic tub econo-contractors model that fell off a truck on the highway; now 20+ years old. It has serious cracks & loss of tub wall material; Handles like a sport car, light & pleasant yet barely qualifies now as a keeper; used for temporary storage of bush beans while we pick the pods off.

My prize, "Old Strain" is a vintage "contractor model" given to me in 1957 as a birthday present by my dad. It's mixed/moved considerable wet concrete in its now-60+ year service life....
It remains in occasional use when a heavy REAL bit of steel tub sturdiness is needed. Have to pump up the tire ever few years now.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9852 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Holy smoke signewt !!! 60+ years and original owner of wheelbarrow. WoWser.

Don't think my True Temper will go 60 years but who knows, I won't be around to see it. What sold me on this True Temper Silver Max is the no-flat tire. Alls I know is that I'll NEVER have to air it up. It's a grab and go wheelbarrow.

The barrow bucket sits on wooden risers and I suspect those will be next to go but in a while yet. Wish it had poly risers and that's what I'll try to get when the time comes. The handles are steel and will likely be the last thing left.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Just a darn shame my shed (circa 1945) isn't large enough to store my wheelbarrow inside. Well, too much stuff and something had to stay outside anyway.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Probably made by Jackson. My Ace branded wheelbarrow is a Jackson.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10780 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I would have just attached a lean-to to the side of the shed. Works for me. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
My wheelbarrow has sat in the barn with a bunch of junk piled in it since I got this:

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYetOBECLJ0

Ive seen the same thing done with a gate sliding bolt lock and a 2 x 4

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54587 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post