SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brother back in the hospital - update, he died overnight
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brother back in the hospital - update, he died overnight Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
Last year I had posted good news that my brother was in complete remission from his brain cancer but I got a text from his wife tonight.
quote:
Rich is back in the hospital in orlando as of last night..things arent looking good at all..i requested they do another mri and just see if there is anything they can do

Its really bad

He was scheduled for some new chemo but they couldn't give it to him because his platelet were too low. He was also entered into an experimental study that begins in March but I'm not sure he's going to make it.

For the past week or so he's lost control of his right side and can only respond to yes/no questions. Anything beyond that is confusing to him.

I know there's nothing to do except pray. Join in if you will. More than anything, I'm having difficulty dealing with the tought of him suffering in this way.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mark123,

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I HATE Cancer!

Prayers offered.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent on the double.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Prayers up for your brother and also for you and family...cancer affects every one in a family Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your brother and your families.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Prayers up.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Cancer sucks! Prayers inbound

Posts: 4010 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prayed for both you and for your brother.

Bob

Posts: 1570 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry that y'all are having to deal with this again.I know what it's like. My late wife was first diagnosed in '92. after a successful surgery and post-op treatment, we thought we had won. Seven years later, it came back with a vengeance. It felt like a gut punch. She passed away in November, '08.
Your brother, his wife, and you are in my prayers.
God Bless.

Posts: 122 | Location: Hernando, MS | Registered: September 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry Mark....you and your brother have prayers.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Prayers said for your brother and the rest of your family dealing with the prognosis. John

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Prayers

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Prayers for the best peace and comfort for your brother, solace for you, his wife, family and friends.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent. Very sorry to hear.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear this.

Prayers inbound, brother!

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry Mark. Prayers for comfort and a miracle for your brother.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your brother and for you.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent my friend, stay strong for him!

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post