SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UPDATE 8/15/18 page 6 !!!!!My neighbor murdered this evening. They caught the SOB today.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE 8/15/18 page 6 !!!!!My neighbor murdered this evening. They caught the SOB today. Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
My condolences.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Damn.

My condolences to you, your family, and neighbors.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry to read this. My condolences to you and your family. I will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences to you Charlie. Family are in my thoughts and prayers.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Condolences, charlie12 Frown

quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
1. Arm yourself, 24/7/365.

*sigh* I hate that it's come to this Frown

Thing is: There you are, out near the side of the road, maybe whacking weeds, maybe walking to/from taking out the trash or picking up the mail, somebody drives by and...

Where's your time to react? What if you have no cover? I don't, out at the end of my driveway. (Yard, driveway and neighbourhood are not unlike that of which I'm reading in the story, btw.)

So I've give thought to this. I try to remember to keep my head on a swivel.

Not sure that being armed, even if alert, will do much to save you in a scenario like this.

Just they day before yesterday I drove my lawnmower down the road to another cousin's house to cut her grass. It's about 500 yards the other way they could have shot me. I was armed but vehicle vs. lawnmower was no match.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I'll update when I know more

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Condolences to all. What a tragic loss.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Jesus Charlie....

I am so sorry.

If you need ANYTHING, please let me know. ANYTHING.... I mean it.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Condolences, charlie12 Frown

quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
1. Arm yourself, 24/7/365.

*sigh* I hate that it's come to this Frown

Thing is: There you are, out near the side of the road, maybe whacking weeds, maybe walking to/from taking out the trash or picking up the mail, somebody drives by and...

Where's your time to react? What if you have no cover? I don't, out at the end of my driveway. (Yard, driveway and neighbourhood are not unlike that of which I'm reading in the story, btw.)

So I've give thought to this. I try to remember to keep my head on a swivel.

Not sure that being armed, even if alert, will do much to save you in a scenario like this.

I'm very sorry to hear this, Charlie.
But, I do sincerely believe that being armed and being alert/aware of the surrounding will give you a chance. This is exactly what I do, when taking out the trash, checking the mail, working in the front yard...
I'm not scared or paranoid, just prepared. I always remember this saying, "Chances favor the prepared mind".

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Wow, seems hard to come up with a motive. Unimaginable. So sorry

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
Charlie, you have my deepest sympathy and prayers!

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2078 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable. Sorry to see this.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Jesus Charlie....

I am so sorry.

If you need ANYTHING, please let me know. ANYTHING.... I mean it.

Thank you Kevin you just watch yourself where you are with the trouble in that place

Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I lost my Bushmaster a few years ago. I think I need to start saving up again to get one.
That is 3 people that I know that have been shot recently. Two dead and one with 3 shots from bird shot he lived.
I also need to wear my new hearing aids I got from the VA to hear my surroundings
I guess it's time for a 5.56 again

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Charlie, sorry for your loss. Hate to see a fellow oil & gas guy have his retirement tragically cut short. You and your family have my condolences.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
My condolences, Charlie, prayers for your family during this difficult time. Please stay safe and aware.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
My condolences to your family Charlie.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss , Charlie . I live in Central so I have been following the story on one of the local Facebook pages . Sounds like the family was well liked . Stay safe my friend . If you need anything , I'm close by .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sent you an email, Charlie.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
My condolences. And scary to everyone.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post