SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Now that winter is upon us, who do we like for slippers?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now that winter is upon us, who do we like for slippers? Login/Join 
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
These Uggs

5 stars with over 1,800 reviews. Can’t go wrong. I love mine.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Acorn Slipper Socks. Toasty. But indoor only.
And I freely admit:
For mailbox treks in the Yooper winter, I rock my Crocs fleece lined model. Green!
My neighbors are appalled.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I have Sorel, had the same pair 5 years and they're still holding up. Really more like shoes, I wear them all day in the Winter, even light duty outside.

https://www.amazon.com/Sorel-M...rel+slippers+for+men

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
LL BEAN or Minnetonka

Another vote for LL Bean or Minnetonka. Over the years I've had both and they've been good to me. LL Bean often has pretty decent sales on theirs leading up to Christmas.

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
who knew fender bender could be so cruel ?
Wink

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
My PJs have feet on them so I don't need slippers when I sit on the couch drinking hot cocoa with little marshmallows on top.

Wink

Pictures please

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Olukai Moloa.

I have searched for winter slippers my whole life. I hate slide in’s because I actually like to wear them and not have them fall off. I also like enough of a sole to venture outdoors in a pinch but I certainly don’t want vibram outsoles laying on the couch. These are the perfect slippers. Only thing wrong is price, but I found them in a Navy Excange on sale so now I’m dreading when I do finally have to replace them. They are so good though that I would pay full tilt for these. I might cry a little but best slipper ever.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
The Minnetonka Moccasin is the only way to go. I wear these every day and love them. A pair usually lasts me over a year. I used to do the soft sole as I've has other moccasins with bad hard soles, but these hard soles flex with your foot nicely.

Try it. You gonna like it.

Minnetonka Moccasin

I just retired my old pair of slippers and have been test driving several new pairs (I love Zappos - free shipping and free returns).

But, right now the top pair are from L.L.Bean: the Wicked Good Moccasins .

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had slippers from LLBean in that style. No matter what kind of knot I put into it, it would come undone. Hated that. Plus the shearling stuff came out fast.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I have the Wicked Good slippers from LLBean as well. Not too hot, but protect my feet from the cold tile in the morning.
On my 3rd pair, and well be getting a 4th once these wear out (I get about 18 months per pair)

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not technically slippers, but I use them like slippers.

Duluth Trading Pigsuede Wild Boar Mocs

https://www.duluthtrading.com/...px?processor=content

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
I have the Wicked Good slippers from LLBean as well. Not too hot, but protect my feet from the cold tile in the morning.
On my 3rd pair, and well be getting a 4th once these wear out (I get about 18 months per pair)

Sounds about right. I get about a year of full time use out of them before I buy a new pair, and cycle the old ones into the suitcase for travel duty.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShouldBFishin:
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
LL BEAN or Minnetonka

Another vote for LL Bean or Minnetonka. Over the years I've had both and they've been good to me. LL Bean often has pretty decent sales on theirs leading up to Christmas.

LL Bean has a 25% off promo on their slippers for Cyber Monday - promo code is CYBER25

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Have had great use from LL Beans. Unlined in Summer, fleece lined in winter. Cyber deal today, only:
https://www.llbean.com/llb/sho...7_CyberMonday&pla1=0

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorel Manawan. I wear mine daily (work from home) and they're going on the 3rd winter now. When these go I'll be replacing them with another pair.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1745 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post