SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Now that winter is upon us, who do we like for slippers?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now that winter is upon us, who do we like for slippers? Login/Join 
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted
I'm looking to get some slippers, hard or soft sole, enclosed heel preferred.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could go cheaper and just get a pair from Walmart or the like.
Top of the line and not cheap? Check out LL Bean. I have a pair and they've lasted years but be prepared when you see prices.
They have a good selection of slippers.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/L-B-Eva...eaways+mens+slippers

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Sorels.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perfect time to get these.
In the last 15-years, I've gone through two of them. Always buy them on sale, warm, comfortable and have held up quite well considering they get near daily usage.

Posts: 14652 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I have Uggs....they are great

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My PJs have feet on them so I don't need slippers when I sit on the couch drinking hot cocoa with little marshmallows on top.

Wink

Posts: 26900 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I like Minnetonka. There are several to choose from. I don't think they have half sizes so I go to next size smaller.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I tend toward old athletic shoes with no laces.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Based on a 2015 forum recommendation, I purchased Sorel Men's Falcon Ridge Slipper . I liked them so well that I bought a pair for Dad for Christmas. We're both big fans. They're pretty versatile as I lived with them for 1 winter in Calgary, Alberta; Dad lives in the Upper Midwest, and I'm about to start my 2nd "winter" in Texas with them.

I prefer an open heel so doubtful the 1/2 inch heel meets the OP's request. However, it looks like Sorel's Manawan is the full heel version of mine.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23245 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uggs

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Love my sorels. I have the open back but they make a closed back also.

https://www.sorel.com/slippers...nderGroup&prefv1=Men

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LL BEAN or Minnetonka

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Uggs

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
The Minnetonka Moccasin is the only way to go. I wear these every day and love them. A pair usually lasts me over a year. I used to do the soft sole as I've has other moccasins with bad hard soles, but these hard soles flex with your foot nicely.

Try it. You gonna like it.

Minnetonka Moccasin

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I just got the Dear Foam brand at Costco...7.99 on sale. They work fine, hard sole and comfy inside. Price was right and my pair at home just disintegrated.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ve had good luck with a fleece—lined, bison moc from Cabela’s. Warm, durable, holds shape and size

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Our Winter Slippers in South Florida! Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Our Winter Slippers in South Florida! Big Grin

Big Grin I can get by with sandals 11 1/2 months out of the year.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post