SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    No threads on social unrest???
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No threads on social unrest??? Login/Join 
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted
Don't know if I am blind, stupid or crazy, but I can't find ANY threads on the crazy state of affairs that is going on across the country. It is the #1 news story but no mention here?
I did look in the other sections, What am I missing here. I no longer get cable news so this is one of my first stops for intelligent discussions on current events. Please advise and Thank you.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
short answer - yes I believe is the correct answer - no new threads

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Steppin' large, laughin' easy. I drive this forum like it has power steering.

If you want "intelligent" discussion, you'll need to avoid this riot shit. That idiocy will cause your brains to leak out. SIGforum is sitting this one out.

Same shit, different day

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
We're not discussing that nonsense. Not at all. Please refrain from posting anything about that idiotic crap. I thought I had made that clear.

If you want to discuss that stupid shit, you'll need to do it in some other forum.

From here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...5/m/9460066564/p/108

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I say thanks that it's nowhere to be found here

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Shit, those animals even pissed off Mister Rogers.

From beyond the grave he flips them off. Damn.

NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Sorry Para. Honestly did not know. I understand and respect your decision.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ain't no thang

Hell, it's good that you asked, because I'm so disgusted with these people, I refused to start a thread such as this. I was just putting out the little fires as they popped up.

I won't give these assholes the time of day.

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
But I've got an honest question. We mostly have good laws, here in the hills. But one says we can't carry in places where alcohol is served. I kind of understand why. But we just got home from eating at my favorite restaurant. We ate outside on the sidewalk. They have tables set up. Anyone think that's illegal, too?

No demonstrations or riots down there, the hillbillies wouldn't put up with it. I hope this hammering around the edges doesn't get upsetting.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shit, those animals even pissed off Mister Rogers.

MLK too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
{searches internet for pic of Ghandi flipping off the Brits}

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
I hope this hammering around the edges doesn't get upsetting.
"Upsetting" is not the word I would use, Dick.

Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I for one appreciate the absence of riot threads and find it quite relaxing. I m sick and tired of those animals.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Indeed, here we have a calm oasis in a sea of.... Big Grin Well, ya'll know exactly what is "out there."

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
From here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...5/m/9460066564/p/108

I'm guilty of starting a Colorado thread as soon as the first gunshots were fired, not to sensationalize or discuss it, but as a warning to members who may have unknowingly strayed into the violence...which several passerbys reported happening.

Once the thread disappeared I took my cue quickly...but thank you Sigfreund, as I don't often check that thread.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I’d be down for a thread where people could say what’s going on in their towns. Like the COVID thread, I did find it interesting to read what was happening in normal America reported by normal people here.

All the news has is what’s happening in the major cities and they have no likeness to my hometown. I get as much of my news here as I do from any other source, and I do miss the thoughts and happenings from our members on this specific topic.

I looked around for suggestion box though and eventually realized where my suggestion should be placed, so I just tossed it. Razz

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Have a piece of chewing gum. Whatever you like- Juicy Fruit, Bazooka Joe, whatever. When you're ready to spit it out, put it in the fur of a your pet cat or dog.

That would be how such a thread would go for me, trying to separate this detail from that detail. Yes, you can talk about this aspect of it, but wait, now you've gone too far and we're not talking about some other aspect of it. Impossible to separate the chewing gum from the animal fur, so we're not going to do that.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
All's quiet around these parts.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
When something big is going on, and after a bit there’s no thread about it, I figure it’s because there’s not supposed to be a thread about it. That’s me deducing the forum’s laws by osmosis.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8212 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

I dunno. Mr. Rogers is pretty damn good.

But here is one of the all-time greats. Look at the face.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16660 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post