SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is Kennedy Space Center worth the cost of admission?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Kennedy Space Center worth the cost of admission? Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The space shuttle exhibit is worth it alone.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I expect your family will remember the KSC part of your vacation for a good long time. Well worth the expense, IMO.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

the Saturn V museum is pretty awesome but also one of the saddest places on earth

its a monument to what we were

Agreed.

What might have been vs what was.

Still worth it.

Been to KSC and Huntsville recently, going to hit Stennis and Houston at some point soon.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
At least the Saturn V isn't laying outside on it's side rusting in the rain anymore. Now THAT was sad.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Kel-Tec is located near KSC

Dixie Crossroads is in Titusville, the Rock Shrimp are good, do the all you can eat and plan on spending the next day on the can....

KSC is a fun place, the Imax theaters are good, lots to see,

You also could go to the Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum

Valiant Warbirds Linky Thingy

If you facebook then

Link to Facebook page for KSC

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I haven't been there since, but I remember really loving it when my parents took me there as a kid.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I would consider KSC to be far better than ANY theme park in Orlando. So YES, definitely make the trip.

Dinner at Dixie Crossroads in Titusville after you leave KSC.

And I would definitely agree with the poster above, the Saturn 5 exhibit brought tears to my eyes. Actually many of the exhibits did.

I grew up in Titusville/Cape Canaveral area. My dad built Minuteman nuclear missiles, then helped build and maintain the space shuttles. My sister works at Space X. Space program was big in our family.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post