SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    There Is Nothing Liberalism Won’t Ruin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There Is Nothing Liberalism Won’t Ruin Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Townhall.com
Derek Hunter

In a perverse way, it’s a skill, really. Just not a skill anyone would want. A reverse Midas touch; a jinx, if you will. Whatever you want to call it, liberals have an incredible ability ruin everything, and they’re on the job 24/7.

Remember when you could watch a TV show or go to the movies and not have to be bombarded with left-wing political messages, either blatant or subtle? When you were entertained by entertainment and you went to church if you wanted to be preached to. That’s not the case anymore.

The “progressive” church is politics, political correctness their gospel, and government their God. And like 7/11, they never switch off the lights.

You can’t watch a network TV show or go to the movies without some jab or crack about conservatives or President Trump. Republicans are the perps on crime dramas and businesses adopt a “we can increase profits by killing a bunch of people” business plan regularly in Hollywood’s fever dreams.

Hollywood have been overrun by leftists for years, so a liberal message in their products is almost second nature now. But other areas of entertainment had been left alone. Not anymore.

In the sports world the locker rooms have become MSNBC, post-game press conferences are now CNN. Sports journalism is NPR.

Athletes have always had political opinions, they just mostly kept them to themselves. Their job, which pays them extremely well, is to put butts in seats, bring eyes to TVs, sell team merchandise, and plug their sponsors, attacking half of your potential customer base’s personal beliefs is bad for the bottom line. That no longer matters.

When the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles originally agreed to go to the White House to celebrate their victory, as has been tradition, the vast majority of the team was going to attend, according to reports. But when the date approached, the team changed their story and only a couple of players and the team mascot was going to show up. They were, however, willing to show up the following week when only people living under a rock didn’t know the President would be in Singapore at the North Korean summit.

Donald Trump, with the Eagles’ thumb in his eye, simply cancelled the event. To Hell with the tradition if the team is going to play games like that. It was the right call, and the smart play on behalf of the White House, but it never should have happened.

When a championship team goes to the White House to be recognized they aren’t celebrating a president, they’re being celebrated by whoever happens to be the president at that time. They go and are honored by the office, not the occupant.

There have been individual athletes who’ve opted against attending White House events over who its occupant was, but they were few and far between. Now LeBron James and Steph Curry, the two biggest stars in the NBA, have already announced that no matter who wins the title this year, the team isn’t going to the White House because of Trump.

In 2012 the media attacked Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas for skipping a visit when Barack Obama was president. “Tim Thomas put himself above team,” declared ESPN. Bleacher Report, a popular sports website, was even more blatant when they decreed, “until Tim Thomas gives back that money and retires out of his contract, he is the millionaire Boston Bruins goalie whose responsibility was a public appearance was at the White House and not Tim Thomas, the unpaid rights activist.”

Now whole teams are refusing to attend and the media justifies and cheers.

Everything is weaponized nowadays by the left in their relentless crusade to cripple President Trump. To his credit, Trump has out maneuvered them. Last year he chose to disinvite the Golden State Warriors when they were grumbling about skipping the honor, and he cancelled the celebration for the Eagles while turning the whole incident on the player protests during the national anthem. Suddenly the protesters were on the defensive, it was masterstroke of PR.

Now we have word that Miss America is ending the looks part of their pageant. Beauty pageants have long outlived their societal relevancy, and to remove the physical beauty aspect will likely be the last nail in their coffin.

I’m not a big fan of these things, but I do usually watch the last half hour or so. Without physical fitness and attractiveness being factors, the whole thing might as well be an essay contest.

Liberalism strikes again. Seems like the left won’t be happy until everyone has a bowl haircut and wears loose-fitting silver lame unitards while sharing a communal bathroom.

Liberalism ruins everything it sinks its talons into, and the election of Donald Trump sent them into a frenzy. Everything is politicized, and because of that, everything is marked for destruction. Entertainment doesn’t seek to entertain anymore, professional sports are now cable news, and harmless, fun traditions are being destroyed in the name of “progress.” All the while, journalists, who are supposed to be objective, cheer like they won something.

I don’t know how this is all going to end, but I know if liberals win it won’t be good. I wrote a whole book about it, coming out in a week and a half, exposing how these manipulations, both blatant and subtle, are attempting to mislead and indoctrinate an unsuspecting public. This week just happened to have examples that bubbled up to the surface, there are many more out there lurking because the liberal outrage mob never rests. We can’t either.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Very well stated view of Liberalism. Wrong is right and right is wrong. And if you don't toe the line we have revised our version of the clan and will hang you among the tree's and spit on your corpse.

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Actually, I think liberalism shows great promise at dealing with 'some' issues I personally have wanted to see addressed for years. First up, professional thugs and human waste stinking up the "People's House" because some president wanted a photo op with these 'celebrities'. If liberalism is successful at ending all of these teams enjoying yet another day of ass kissing at our expense, I'm good with it. One of the things I respect most about DJT is that he has no burning need to rub elbows with these types.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Actually, I think liberalism shows great promise at dealing with 'some' issues I personally have wanted to see addressed for years. First up, professional thugs and human waste stinking up the "People's House" because some president wanted a photo op with these 'celebrities'. If liberalism is successful at ending all of these teams enjoying yet another day of ass kissing at our expense, I'm good with it. One of the things I respect most about DJT is that he has no burning need to rub elbows with these types.

It just a chance to be on TV, for both the President and the guests.

There was a time when an invitation to the WH was not to be declined for any reason, except death maybe.

I wonder what part of GNP is devoted to PR, attention getting, publicity. It must be huuuuuuuuge. It is what drives the sensationalism which has become a fixture of our culture especially since WWII.

Most of entertainment is to come up with something new, that gets attention. Nobody much cares about a new prodigy who plays Beethoven better than he did, or a new Sinatra crooner, but Twisted Sister, KISS! fills the stadiums.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Most of entertainment is to come up with something new, that gets attention.
Then I guess the days for the 'entertainment' industry are numbered as they seem utterly devoid of any 'new' ideas. Hollywood thought a female version of Ghostbusters would be just the ticket, and it became a laughing stock. Now just yesterday, I see a female version of the "Oceans" movie series is set to come out. Really? Not only is it not new, its just sad.

The entertainment industry has moved from creativity and entertainment during my lifetime into nothing but propaganda and hateful offerings that a declining portion of the public has any interest in. Much like the NFL, I think a huge part of the entertainment industry is killing the Golden Goose.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess the days for the 'entertainment' industry are numbered as they seem utterly devoid of any 'new' ideas.

Bollywood/Tollywood movies are fantastic, if you are simply willing to tolerate subtitles.
Real masculine men; beautiful women; men leering at beautiful women; heroes; adventure, love stories....an FANTASTIC DANCING!

It is everything that a movie industry should be. If they just start filming in English, our film industry will collapse immediately.

On Netflix, try watching "Bahubali" Smile

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Most of entertainment is to come up with something new, that gets attention.
Then I guess the days for the 'entertainment' industry are numbered as they seem utterly devoid of any 'new' ideas. Hollywood thought a female version of Ghostbusters would be just the ticket, and it became a laughing stock. Now just yesterday, I see a female version of the "Oceans" movie series is set to come out. Really?

The entertainment industry has moved from creativity and entertainment into propaganda and hateful offerings that a declining portion of the public has any interest i. Much like the NFL, I think a huge part of the 'entertainment industry' is going the way of the DoDo.

Nobody homers every at bat.

We went from Glenn Miller to Sinatra, to Jerry Lee to Elvis to the Beatles, on to the Stones, and onward and downward to heavy metal to rap to gangsta rap. Movies, TV have taken a similar downward spiral. We went from the classic radio and vaudeville comedians, Burns and Allen, Jack Benny, Milton Berle and now only the most vulgar, demeaning, potty mouths.

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Modern liberalism to me is defined as "not taking any responsibility for your actions"; take that phrase and overlay it on all the things, policies and statements that liberals say & do and it makes sense.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
We went from Glenn Miller to Sinatra, to Jerry Lee to Elvis to the Beatles, on to the Stones, and onward and downward to heavy metal to rap to gangsta rap. Movies, TV have taken a similar downward spiral. We went from the classic radio and vaudeville comedians, Burns and Allen, Jack Benny, Milton Berle and now only the most vulgar, demeaning, potty mouths.
It was mentioned in another thread just the other day but requires a reprint here. Oh how we've plummeted from the days of Johnny Carson and Jay Leno to now Kimmel, Colbert, Noah, and Samantha Bee. Its just sickening.

And although one may not hit a HR in every AB, sending people to the plate with virtually no skills in their trade is all but guaranteeing they go .000 at the dish. Hollywood is bankrupt of ideas, morals, ethics, character, and virtue. And most importantly, it has no interest in producing anything that might lift the public up. Ready yourself for Fast and Furious 27, Trangenders Strike Back.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
It was mentioned in another thread just the other day but requires a reprint here. Oh how we've plummeted from the days of Johnny Carson and Jay Leno to now Kimmel, Colbert, Noah, and Samantha Bee. Its just sickening.

It is funny to think back 50-60 years ago and remember when my granddad complained that the country was going to hell, putting the blame squarely on Elvis.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Even without the political shenanigans, Trump has much more to worry about, like taking steps to possibly end the Korean War, than schmoozing with football players.

Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm not trying to make this into an argument about semantics and I'll defer to people with more historical understanding.

My question is can what is currently categorized under "liberalism" be rightly filed under the classical notion of liberalism? My understanding of what it used to be is that while people may have different viewpoints, they had the goal or intent of getting the right things done for the good of the country.

Today, it seems that people have the agenda of getting the right things done for the good of their own welfare and hide behind the cover of getting the right things done for the good of the country.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19656 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
In 2012 the media attacked Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas for skipping a visit when Barack Obama was president. “Tim Thomas put himself above team,” declared ESPN. Bleacher Report, a popular sports website, was even more blatant when they decreed, “until Tim Thomas gives back that money and retires out of his contract, he is the millionaire Boston Bruins goalie whose responsibility was a public appearance was at the White House and not Tim Thomas, the unpaid rights activist.”

Now whole teams are refusing to attend and the media justifies and cheers.

The hypocrisy of the media may not be lost on those of us paying attention... but it's lost on the media. Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I'm not trying to make this into an argument about semantics and I'll defer to people with more historical understanding.

My question is can what is currently categorized under "liberalism" be rightly filed under the classical notion of liberalism? My understanding of what it used to be is that while people may have different viewpoints, they had the goal or intent of getting the right things done for the good of the country.

Today, it seems that people have the agenda of getting the right things done for the good of their own welfare and hide behind the cover of getting the right things done for the good of the country.

It is more going with the popular use of the term rather than strict epistemological exactitude.

The so-called Libs appropriated the word. They are actually more accurately called progressives.

Or, my preferred term, God Damned Commies.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Wish he wouldn't use the term "liberals" for these Leftist "progressives". Personally prefer JAllen's "GDC's".

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post