SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    big sale at CNNN on Sig stuff, 232s and 239 etcs..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

big sale at CNNN on Sig stuff, 232s and 239 etcs.. Login/Join 
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted
https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig...arts+Sale+%26+Scopes

lots more sig stuff if ya dig

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
SHEEDY URN URN!!!

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
ErmahGerd!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
SHEEDY URN URN!!!

don't know what that means boss, but enjoy LOL

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Tempted, but I don't even shoot mine.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by golddot:
quote:
SHEEDY URN URN!!!

It's the company's initials said in a hushed voice, dawg....

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Thread title is misleading.

Title says, SHE URN URN URN
Imagine my surprise to open the thread and see SHEEDY URN URN.
Not a vendor I would have anticipated mentioned here. Wink

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Big savings every department, call for price!

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just looked at their pistol selection and this thing looks hideous. It looks photo shopped and not complete.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by L90814:
quote:
Originally posted by golddot:
quote:
SHEEDY URN URN!!!

It's the company's initials said in a hushed voice, dawg....

Said with a mouth full of new retainers.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Ah, the good old days!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I know it's been years but has the moratorium on posting CDNN ads been lifted? How long ago was that even?

Posts: 3381 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
CNNN gun ads are biased and not to be trusted!

Sheedy urn urn on the other hernd... Ermahgerd!

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I miss the coded messages.

Posts: 7523 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
I know it's been years but has the moratorium on posting CDNN ads been lifted? How long ago was that even?

It's covered in the waiver you signed, maybe you should review the conditions.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

https://www.vanityfair.com/cul...gerd-girl-true-story

Ermahgerddon: The Untold Story of the Ermahgerd Girl
Meet Maggie Goldenberger, who helplessly watched an Internet meme spawn from her awkward adolescent photo. Except, maybe the “Gersberms” girl never existed the way we thought she did?

By Darryn KingOctober 15, 2015
Image may contain Face Human Person Clothing Apparel Female Hair Advertisement Collage Poster Smile and Photo
Courtesy of Maggie Goldenberger.
In March 2012, 23-year-old Maggie Goldenberger was in the middle of a six-month trip to India and the Philippines with her then-girlfriend. They were travelling from India’s southern tip and heading north for Rajasthan, stopping in at Internet cafes around once a week, for 15 to 30 minutes at a time, just to check in with family and friends.

At one such Internet pit stop, in Hampi, Karnataka, Goldenberger received a message from a friend in the U.S., who wanted to draw her attention to an image she’d spotted on Facebook.

It was a picture of Goldenberger when she was much younger, around 11 years old, wearing unfortunate pigtails, an ugly vest, and a grotesque expression: eyes wide, eyebrows pitched sharply skyward, chin drawn inward, mouth agape, and retainer-clad teeth bared like a hissing harpy or cat. In her hands, she proudly displayed three books from the Goosebumps series by R.L. Stine, in their original 90s editions: Monster Blood III, It Came from Beneath the Sink!, and Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes.

The picture had been captioned, in characteristically thunderous Impact font:

ERMAHGERD GERSBERMS

“I had no idea at this point how widespread it was,” said Goldenberger, speaking recently with exactly the kind of composure and articulacy not associated with “Berks,” as the girl in the meme was popularly known.

Three years after first becoming an unwitting meme star, Goldenberger, who works as a nurse in Phoenix, still occasionally experiences the surreal, stupefying jolt of being ambushed by her own face online. “My eyes just get wide and I say, out loud, ‘This is so fucking weird.’ ”

This image may contain Human Person Text Female Girl Kid Blonde Teen Child Woman Pants Clothing and Apparel
Goldenberger’s friends delight in revealing her online identity to strangers at every opportunity. “Then there’ll be a 30-minute session of them looking at every single version of it. I have to fake-laugh as if I haven’t seen them all before,” said Goldenberger. “I just can't believe this is my 15 minutes of fame—I was hoping it would come in another form. But I guess you have to take what you can get.”

By the time Goldenberger glimpsed the meme for the first time, it had already gone viral, spawning into the multifarious mutations that outdo all but the most potent memes.

There are the ones with the original image plus new captions in “Ermahgerd” speech (“TWILERHT AINT GOT SHERT ON GERSBERMS,” “DIS WERS MAH FACE WEN AH READ DA SCURREH PERT”). Some used the same image with other objects Photoshopped into Goldenberger’s hands—everything from Lynyrd Skynyrd records (“ERMAHGERD LERNERD SKERNERD”) to instant mashed potatoes (“ERMAHGERD MERSHED PERDERDER”).

A whole subcategory of animal-reaction shots and expressions emerged: a pug reacting in amazement to a tennis ball (“ERMAHGERD TERNERSHBERL”), a cow (“ERMAHGERD MMMERRR”). Pictures of celebrities and others captured in awkward freeze-framed expressions got the Ermahgerd treatment too—practicing memesmiths pouncing. Game of Thrones’ Daenerys Targaryen has become a popular target, though no one can quite agree on the correct and proper spelling for “drergerns.”

Before long, there was a BustedTees T-shirt and a Nerdist music video, while the Ermahgerd category on Etsy continues to feature prints, stationery, MacBook and car decals, key chains, clothes, and cross-stitch patterns (“Welcerme Ter Mah Herme”) for sale. A Santa Barbara software engineer developed an Ermahgerd language translator and at least one Brooklyn-based artist has rendered the pixels in paint. Naturally, Ermahgerd girl was a popular choice for Halloween that year.

The most consistently popular genre of Ermahgerdism, however, involved 11-year-old Goldenberger being transposed into different scenes and situations. Goldenberger’s face has been inserted into Jurassic Park (“ERMAHGERD VERLERCERERPTERS”), the Starbucks logo (“ERMAHGERD KERFER”), France (“ERMAHGERD THE ERFL TER”), wildlife photography (“ERMAHGERD BERBER HERPERPERTERMERS”), and onto the Kool-Aid Man (“ERR, YERRRRR!!”), just for starters. She has graced several Photoshopped movie posters, including for The Gerdferther, The Nertberk, and Blerk Swern.

Not everyone has gotten it quite right.

The meme has had remarkable staying power, too. At the time of writing, meme database Know Your Meme has recorded 5 million views on its Ermahgerd entry and collected 340 distinct variations. It continues to cross-pollinate with other newer memes: one of the most recent variations, a version processed through the Google DeepDream filter (“ERMAHGERD THER ERCID ERS KERKERN ERN”), was entered in Know Your Meme’s gallery in July. Most significantly for the meme’s legacy, the term “ermahgerd” has long since transcended its origins and become firmly embedded in the vernacular of the Internet and beyond.

The whole phenomenon began, as so many do, on Reddit. Reddit user xWavy, a.k.a. Jeff Davis, started a thread called “Just a book owners smile [sic]” to share the image of Goldenberger, as yet uncaptioned. Davis was 16 years old at the time and living in Alberta, Canada, and says now, “I pretty much just found the picture randomly.” He had been browsing a publicly visible Facebook gallery of someone’s pictures. He doesn’t remember whose and didn’t know Goldenberger.

Image may contain Human Person Female Text Face Clothing Apparel Pants Smile Woman Girl Kid Teen and Blonde
Davis was amused—and also slightly disturbed, he said—at the sight of the picture. A regular user of Reddit at the time, he casually decided to offer it up to the community and share the LOLs. “I didn't really think much of it at the time.”

One of the Reddit users who spotted Davis’s thread was a 33-year-old former fraud investigator turned systems analyst in Seattle. Immediately, inspiration struck.

“The level of excitement in her face, the braces, and the outfit just screamed awkward tween years,” said Reddit user plantlife, over e-mail. (He declined to have his real name mentioned in this story.) Inspired in part by the lisping Shelly from South Park, the voice “kind of popped into my head as the icing on the awkward cake.”

Plantlife stamped his text on the image—“GERSBERMS. MAH FRAVRIT BERKS”—and shared the meme as a comment in the original thread. Though the “Ermahgerd” bit was contributed separately later on by someone else and took on a life of its own, the meme’s distinctive language and essence originated here.

“Honestly, what do you do when you go viral for creating a meme?” plantlife said. “It hasn't really changed my life or anything. It’s not like I got any social-status upgrades, monetary benefits, or job offers out of it . . . I mean obviously I am pretty damned funny. If you can find me a good paying job as a comedy writer, let me know. I've got a lot of hilarious ideas in my head.”

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
key celestial music in back ground..

now I am enlightened lol

I guess I am a exception, I bought my LWRC from them years ago, it is excellent and at a killer price..

that ad had BBLs and all kinds of 239,229,226 stuff

This message has been edited. Last edited by: golddot,

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,