SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Uploading Photos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uploading Photos Login/Join 
Picture of rwilli
posted
How are most of the members uploading photos.. I tried through flicker to no avail. I also tried a forum search and couldn't find anything. Any assistance or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams

Posts: 126 | Location: Southern Missouri | Registered: November 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I use photobucket. Upload your picture to this free, albeit very slow, service. Then copy the "direct" link from photobucket. Click the picture icon (3rd from right above the box where you type in your text to your post and paste the link in the box. Click OK and then the "post now" box.

Someone else has an instructional picture showing all this so perhaps he will chime in with more details.

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwilli
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I was hoping to be able to do this with Flicker---but no luck so far. Looks like photo Bucket is the way.

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams

Posts: 126 | Location: Southern Missouri | Registered: November 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Very nice gallery. Did you take the wildlife photos?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Wordpress is what I've been using. Got way too tired of photobucket, their non-functioning links. Someone at some point "complained" about my firearms gallery and the whole thing stopped working.

When making a series, it helps to name them consistently. Then you can repeat-paste the URL and change only the digit. The file type has to be the same for all the photos.

Here is a screen capture of one of your images, in 600, 800, 1000, and 1200 pixels width, respectively.

https://avatarhost.files.wordp...03/rwilli-bird-1.png
https://avatarhost.files.wordp...03/rwilli-bird-2.png
https://avatarhost.files.wordp...03/rwilli-bird-3.png
https://avatarhost.files.wordp...03/rwilli-bird-4.png

Picture of rwilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Very nice gallery. Did you take the wildlife photos?

Yep, and thanks, But haven't done much lately---to busy buying Sigs Roll Eyes

And thanks for the WordPress recommendation

Samuel Adams

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
This thread is posted in the Office:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3310036873

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
https://postimage.io/

Posts: 20083 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Imgur and Postimage.org are two I started using after getting aggravated with how slow Photobucket runs. I haven't decided which I like best, so I've been using both for awhile as a test drive.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwilli
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if you have to have a Paid subscription to Flicker to be able to upload to other sites?

Samuel Adams

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post

Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Curious. Why can we not just copy paste an image into the body of a message? Why the need for a "host". Some technical aspect? I've posted pics before through Photobucket, which like others have said has been horrible lately for me. I'll try these other suggestions. Thanks

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rangeme101:. Why can we not just copy paste an image into the body of a message? Why the need for a "host".

The need for a "host" is because the image has to reside somewhere, on someone's computer. It could be hosted on your computer.

This forum supports text only. A huge range of languages, I've noticed. Even emoticon images are hosted somewhere. This forum has decided not to babysit my 2,000 images of boiler cartouches I proudly display to one and all, or any other image I decide to share.

Some forums support uploaded images, directly from user computers, onto the post. silveradosierra.com comes to mind. Most forums do not permit the uploading of images.

The functionality of image hosting would incur greater use of bandwidth to this advertisement-free forum.

Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the explanation.

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Post Image.
Think I heard about it here.

https://postimage.io

It's great and fast. Ad supported I guess, but they aren't overly intrusive. Works on computer or smart phone, no app required.

You can create a free account or not. Works either way.
With the free account you can create folders to organize your photos.
It is geared toward photo hosting for message boards rather than photo sharing.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwilli:
Does anyone know if you have to have a Paid subscription to Flicker to be able to upload to other sites?

No. Read this thread for help:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1340003314/p/1

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heads up, my photos-hosted by photobucket-have disappeared from various posts/ads. Not sure what's going on but I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with that site.

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
quote:
Originally posted by rwilli:

No. Read this thread for help:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1340003314/p/1

That worked, Thanks-----For any of those following-----My mistake was that I was trying to put the BB Code inside the image brackets provided by the photo icon. Not necessary---just copy the bb code and paste it in to your message---worked like a charm.

1911_2 by Robert Williams, on Flickr

Thanks all,

Bob

Samuel Adams

Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Post Image.
Think I heard about it here.

https://postimage.io

It's great and fast. Ad supported I guess, but they aren't overly intrusive. Works on computer or smart phone, no app required.

You can create a free account or not. Works either way.
With the free account you can create folders to organize your photos.
It is geared toward photo hosting for message boards rather than photo sharing.

I just used this a few minutes ago in the Gallery. worked perfectly.

use "direct link", copy paste to the picture tab here in SF.

did this on my PC, haven't tried mobile. no membership or sign up needed. I was just wanting to post a pic not set up a gallery.

thanks