SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UK bans “gender stereotypes” in ads
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UK bans “gender stereotypes” in ads Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
or implied only one gender engaged in particular activities.

I can’t wait to see the gender inclusive tampon commercials!

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
It confounds me that these small, minority groups are able to have such a large negative impact - through political correctness and progressive politicians - on the lives of the MAJORITY.

Not a great mystery, they're playing the long-game. They justify it as 'wanting to help others' and 'wanting to make a difference'. They're slowly working their way up the ranks of various regulatory agencies and organizations, influenced early on by celebrities, instructors, friends and events during their impressionable formative years. Getting a seat at the table reinforces their legitimacy, either by promotion or, through political favoritism. Their allies and partners are also involved, either as their primary job or, on the side, promoting and encouraging specific language, eschewing previously acceptable social mores and supporting legislative/punitive moves for any contradictory action.

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Maybe it's time we went over there and made England a colony of the United States? Big Grin

L Ron Hubbard actually wrote a sci-fi novel where that happened. In the book, WWII had gone on for like 100 years until everyone finally quit in exhaustion, then the Americans show up with vastly superior tech and weaponry and try to claim the UK as a colony.

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The dream police
They live inside of my head
The dream police
They come to me in my bed
The dream police
They're coming to arrest me
Oh no

Posts: 10931 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And they cant have steak knives either!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The UK is just a little further down the liberal path than the US, but with the help of the government, Hollywierd and the billionaires we are fast catching up.

Posts: 230 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
quote:
prohibiting ads from employing gender stereotypes ...or implied only one gender engaged in particular activities.

I can't wait to see the ads with men recommending tampons and pads.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
or implied only one gender engaged in particular activities.

I can’t wait to see the gender inclusive tampon commercials!

Now that's funny! Big Grin

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pedophilia and Bestiality will never be socially acceptable.

And how was transgenderism and/or abortion on demand even after birth viewed not so long ago? I would put nothing past the human race given its decline in morality and sanity over the past 30 years.

And as for jolly ole England...

Yep

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post