SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do you think is the atheist's favorite line in the movie The Ten Commandments?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think is the atheist's favorite line in the movie The Ten Commandments? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Let's see what y'all come up with. Smile

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Qcv3YV4aA

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
"More bricks, Less straw"

Posts: 1553 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Hmmm, I need to see all of TC. I have only seen the ending, wherest Moses and the Levites did NOT slay the worshippers of the golden calf. The alternative ending bummed me out. That, and losing five of the Commandments.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
This seems to be a trick question. I hardly think an atheist would be inclined to watch The Ten Commandments Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Sethi: The man best able to rule Egypt will follow me. I owe that to my fathers, not to my sons.

My pick due to the atheist's 8th commandment.
I didn't know they had commandments which is :We have the responsibility to consider others, including future generations.

Posts: 1954 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
This seems to be a trick question. I hardly think an atheist would be inclined to watch The Ten Commandments Smile

No tricks. Let's say, if an atheist did watch the movie, which line, when he saw, would he say to himself, "Yeah, you got that right, brother."

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
"Oh, Moses, Moses, you stubborn, splendid, adorable fool!" Nefretiri

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The End

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Having never once believed in any gods or supernatural entities as we commonly know of the idea, from my earliest childhood memories to now (late 40s), I've never met a more atheist person than myself, fwiw, only ones of equal or similar measure.

That said, I grew up in a Baptist family and had a grandfather who was a preacher, and have been to church tons, of several denominations, especially as a child and early teen, and nothing bad ever happened or anything like that, and I'm more well versed in Christianity and the Bible than many followers I've met.

Regardless - various commandments are useful ideas as are other bits from the Bible and such. And I haven't seen the movie in many years so I don't recall any particular quotes.

But good advice is good advice (see The Golden Rule), whether from Aliens or humans or anywhere else.

Or is there some joke or specific point you had in mind?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
“Hear me, oh hear me, all to heed the Lord, the Lord Jehova has given onto thee these fifteen, oy, these Ten Commandments for all to obey” Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4834 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Or is there some joke or specific point you had in mind?

Again, no jokes or tricks or motives. Interesting things just popped into my head.

The scene on the balcony where the high priest said to Rameses that the people have turned from the gods.

Rameses barked back:

quote:
What gods?

You prophets and priests made the gods that you may prey upon the fears of men.

When the Nile ran red, I, too, was afraid, until word came of a mountain beyond the cataracts which spewed red mud and poisoned the water.

Was it the staff I gave you that caused all this?

Was it the wonder of your god that fish should die and frogs should leave the waters?

Was it a miracle that flies and lice should bloat upon their carrion and spread disease in both man and beast?

These things were ordered by themselves, and not by any god.

Q

Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
An athiest would most like the disclosure at the very end of the credits.

"The events depicted in this movie are fictitious. Any similarity to any person living or dead is merely coincidental."

Do I win? Smile

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I've seen it twice

nice cinematography for its era

great work of fiction

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
"Let my people go."

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
“Ambition knows no father.”

Posts: 1513 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
That the gods can digest will not sour in the belly of a slave.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice story, very imaginative Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I've never met a more atheist person than myself, fwiw, only ones of equal or similar measure.

Oh, I didn’t know we competed over this. I am sooooooo much more atheist than you. Big Grin

I’ve always liked that movie and often watch it when it airs on Easter. There are too many good quotes to pick one.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post